Skip to content

Discuss This What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Nothing....

I have bought a new one!!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

New bike

Errrrr......... nothing!   I have a nice new R1200RT in my garage :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

New bike

The high rate of depreciation on new bikes might have something to do with it also. Its possible to buy an almost new bike thats been registered for a year or 2 for very much less than the cost of a 0 mileage example.

Maybe some of todays models are so clinical that they don't offer the same wow factor/ involvement and also maybe todays riders tastes have changed and biking plays less of a role than it used to??

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

MarcusMarsh!

Yes, and I've seen your photo in MSL!

Reply to this Topic
urbanfireblade

Sep 11

I bought a new Suzuki Sv650 in Sept 2011. Sold it back to the same dealer 6mths later for £2700, they were £4995 new. Build quality was rubbish, all bolts began corroding after 2 months, fork seal began to leak too. If i spent £5k on a car i could have sooo much more for my money than what bikes offer, this goes for all bikes in general. Plus, new bikes are so complicated now there's much less an owner can do themselves.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

all ready have

Bought new bike 1st March.. despite weather 1600 miles down would have more bikes if we had space and a few more coins, but there are plenty of great finance deals out there, 4years at 5% APR.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i bought one

in 2012. not sure the wife would be happy if i changed it so soon:blink:

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

yes i would like to

yes i want to buy a new bike and i have had my eye on just one for the last two years.

but i have a cb500 i use for work which is bashed up but keeps on running and a vfr 400 with low mileage which is only used at the weekends or on the odd good day.

i have seen the bike im after with all the extras added for about 6K when buying new and then adding the bits i want would cost me around 10k.

if i had the cash id buy one. but like must things at the moment i just cannot justify it.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

New Bike Cash

Because of previous financial problems I am now very confortable indeed but my credit score is bad, so I have to buy everthing in cash now a days :)

Whent to BMW to have a test and told them about it and this Experian people gave them a bad report....so BMW can keep their bike and I will keep my cash as simple as that! But a new Kawasaki Z800 would be on my list if it wasn't for the "Experian" people....lol

Reply to this Topic
Rotherider

Dec 12

Rotherider says:

New bike

I am still waiting for Kawasaki to release their 2013 model of the KLX125.  It hasn't been updated since 2010 and I'm aware that a new model is imminent.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices