Skip to content

Discuss This What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Two main things

1) A lack of funds

2) A lack of bikes to choose from.  Most on sale are cut from the same cloth and unift for purpose (poor economy, poor range, poor quality and w-a-y overpriced).  Where are the bikes that do 60+mpg and aren't made from Rust-Fast-Alloy?

Reply to this Topic
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

Paying off the Kwak till next year

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Quite simply

the lack of 0% finance deals on the bikes I want!

Reply to this Topic
Yoyodyne

Apr 13

Yoyodyne says:

Want But Don't Need

If I had the money I'd have already bought a new CB1100 to complement my trusty Honda Hawk GT (22 years old, almost 60,000 trouble-free miles), but with funds being tight I can't justify floating a loan for a second bike.

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Patience

Waiting for KTM to release an 1190 supermoto :)

Well in truth, waiting for KTM to release an 1190 Supermoto, make it for a year or two, introduce a revised model with very minor changes, and then sell off remaining stocks of the previous version at some sort of reasonable price.

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Bought a new bike two weeks ago and wife due our first child in one more week. And no I'm not rich bought a Honda Crf250l to replace my 650vstrom reduced service intervals increased mpg make it a saving

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Prices

Is it me being tight or have new bike prices shot up in the last couple of years? All the flagship models are well over £10k now. I remember not too long ago we could have our pick of any of them for that money. Now we're looking at thousands over and above that before we start ticking the options list. What' s happening?? I'm amazed anyone is buying at these prices now. It's little wonder why the likes of Honda's NC700 is selling so well. Their new 500 range is sure to succeed in these austere times too. I think we're seeing a major demise in new exciting flagship bike numbers in favour of smaller, cheaper, utilitarian models. No, it's not me being tight I'm sure. I reckon I'm one of many who can't justify the price tags of these big bikes anymore and are having to compromise and aim lower than recent years. Looks like Honda saw this coming.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Can't justify spending the money when I have a perfectly good bike. Ok, it's not fast or desirable, but it's not rubbish either. And there's no way I'm spending £12k on the bike I would like, when it'd only really be a bit better. (ok, quite a nice bit, but certainly not £12 worth)

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

value

as someone else said bikes are not good value in relation to cars, im not a sportsbike person anyway so i dont mind a year old enduro or trailee.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Nothing at all

Could buy anything I like, just got my bonus, but quite happy to keep the current bike thanks...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices