Skip to content

Discuss This What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

I've not had a pay rise in the last four or five years thanks to the government putting a freeze on NHS wages, but as they don't seem to have told anyone else about this i am paying much more to EON & Tesco as all of their prices have gone up dramatically hence i honestly couldn't afford to change my bike even though i'd love a new Triumph.

I guess i'm fortunate in a way as i have two bikes, one which i use every day for work as i refuse to pay the daily parking charge at the hospital & one which i use for my Scottish tour each year & for taking the wife out now & again although i'm seriously thinking about selling that one after this years trip due to the money tied up in it.

I need to join Hector Riva but they always get the numbers wrong!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Taxes

The difference between a fully loaded Triumph Sprint and a WK650TR. If I can't afford the bike I want then I might as well eke another crappy "summer" out of my GPZ.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

New Bikes ..

Where are all the NEW VTR SP3,s RVF1000,s 1290superduke,s, FZ1,s with a crossplane engine, Cross plane crank GSX Rs. Most of the current flock are same bike for the last few years since the GFC. Why would you spend ya money on a rehashed UJM . I,ll keep the cash in my pocket and wait for something exciting. Unfortunately Ducati have dropped the ball in my opinion, the old long stroke motors were more to the point of a twin , not rev happy thing , But each to their own. 

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Annoying...

that dealers put up all the prices of their new bikes, I purchased a new bike some 3 years ago and now the same bike is £3000 more expensive

Reply to this Topic
mcchoc

Feb 09

mcchoc says:

Massive depreciation, nothing radically new (except the prices), cost-cutting of materials even on 'quality brands', vindictive police, and wheel-snapping POTHOLES.

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

I'm not buying a new bike in 2013 because I bought a new bike in September 2012.

Though if MCN would like to lend me a BMW F800GT as a long termer I will happily oblige!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Motard

No lightweight, street legal, reasonable maintenance schedule motards available.

Reply to this Topic
Big_Boomer

Oct 05

Big_Boomer says:

Why 2 options the same

Why 2 options for "Money, pure and simple"?? Money no object I'd have a ZZR1400R to add to my 1400GTR and GTR1000. Then probably a big Trailie. Can't ride sportsbikes as they are all designed for midgets.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I love New Bikes...But

There are so many Mint, Low Mile, "Never seen Rain" bikes for half the price of new, I would be stupid to trade in a perfectly good bike for a new one. So I will just buy another "Minter" to add to the collection.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

+1 to mcchoc

Totally agree with your comments. Although if I did have £10k spare then a Ducati Hypermotord would be on the agenda.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices