Skip to content

Discuss This What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013?

What's stopping you buying a new bike in 2013? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

2013 bikes are overpriced ! you buy a bike for £13500 cant sell it back to £10000 majorty of the japonese bikes i ment ! not italians and bmw

Reply to this Topic
tancakar

Sep 11

tancakar says:

2013 bikes are overpriced ! you buy a bike for £13500 cant sell it back to £10000 majorty of the japonese bikes i ment ! not italians and bmw

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

Inflation

Actually bikes are not expensive if you take in inflation, cost of living, wages, compared to 10 years ago

.However  they are expensive if you personally cannot afford one. There was a great article in one of the bike mags a few months ago documenting the 'real' cost of a bike and I think they were spot on.  

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

offordc

it's okay, the government have capitulated and us NHS types are getting 1% this year after several years of nothing. They're also pruning all the 'perks' (aka the less shite parts) of the agenda for change so now all increments are performance related and they're trying to make it a 7 day working week to eliminate overtime and unsocial hours pay. I suppose it's a good way of ensuring most people don't get into the reduced 40% tax bracket. You quite literally spend ten years of your life saving other people's lives and make people better for a living and you get shat on whilst other people piss away money in risky gambles, cause a bank to get bailed out but the taxpayer and get a fucking bonus. Why do I bother?

EDIT: Not just a bonus, if you earn enough, you've just got a 5% pay rise from the government. If you're a government minister, you get 4x my pay. Which they probably think is pish as they are mostly millionaires anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

mine's a keeper

@Philehidiot know where you are coming from on your post, pay frozen for several years and my contract changes have removed any additional chance to earn more money in the NHS. I also can't believe the evaluations I have been given on a 2010 Kawasaki ZZR 1400,thank god I didn't pay list price but any saving has been rapidly eroded in nearly three years. The combination of these two factors means this will probably be the last bike I buy for several years.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Not any big bikes I fancy , seen one seen them all . Fell out of love with sportbikes & so has my back ! . But age and home life has now cut the overall mileage , so can keep the bike that much longer  . Parts are also a issue with the latest models , plus insurance companies are a little wary of them - or is that a bike theft  area , northern thing ? .

Reply to this Topic
walter ego

Sep 02

walter ego says:

Whats stopping me buying?

You are kidding ..right Do you watch the news ,or live in england and/or this planet ? They are too expensive combined with the most minging state of affairs in this country , you have the ignorance and gall to ask that question ? Asking the question seated on your bike that you dont pay for is insulting and crass I know the never ending search for monetary gain never stops at mcn ,its still nauseating to hear

Reply to this Topic
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

Well... I'm in Australia.....new Bikes are expensive and Trade in Prices are crap.....I probably won't ever buy a new bike again....I've recently bought a 2001 Triumph T Bird and a 1999 Guzzi Jackal....love 'em both and I will lose very little on re-sale! They cost far less than a new bike combined!

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Nothing

bought a brand new Fire blade in Dec, granted its not 2013 but thats probably irrelevant i suppose as i would have bought in 2013 if i wasn't impatient lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices