Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: Back protectors General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: Back protectors

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: Back protectors

"I've been riding over 12 years, and have never worn a proper back protector. I've got one of those foam back pad things that you get in your jacket – which obviously isn't a 'protector', and Iv'e noticed that a lot of the riders in my bike club wear full-on separate protectors now. "Should I be wearing one? Are they comfortable?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
justaname

Feb 13

justaname says:

mmm

wear what you like, its sliding doors mate.. rode a bike, never crashed, passenger in a car for first time in years and car plowed into passenger side, bad hip and knee now... FEAR is your biggest fear in whatever you do.. on a bike i wear jeans, helmet, leather jacket, gloves n doc martin boots..

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Mildly paranoid

I wrote off my bike in the Lake District almost two years ago. As a result I am even more 'armour' obsessed. I wear a back protector, it's comfortable and keeps me warm. It also doubles up as a petrol tank protector in the garage in case anything is dropped on my Bonneville.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

visit Odstock

Mate broke his back. I visited him in Odstock Hospital for 6 months before he came back home for 4 years to a special bed and constant nursing, where he eventually died. You don’t believe in back protectors, go and have a chat with the regular biker residents over at Odstock, see what they say. (I’m no saint, never used to wear one but now have that £20 approved insert in my jacket and don’t know its there)

Reply to this Topic
lukeg

Apr 13

lukeg says:

Wear one!

I came off a TL1000R about 2 years ago as pillion, inexperienced rider and pillion then, just didn't expect a downshift and off I went. Tumbling down the road, sliding on my back and arse....fractured ankle and gravel rash all up my back, two things I didn't do on that ride....Wear a back protector and zip my jacket and trousers together...Also riding with back armour seems to increase my confidence now! :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices