Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi motivated to reach Lorenzo and Pedrosa level MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi motivated to reach Lorenzo and Pedrosa level

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi motivated to reach Lorenzo and Pedrosa level

Valentino Rossi reckons the challenge to once again battle Spanish duo Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa for victories in MotoGP is one of his big motivations in 2013. One of the intriguing aspects of this weekend’s first race in Qatar will be to see Rossi’s potential now he is back on a factory Yamaha YZR-M1 in an attempt to recapture former...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 16:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hello4646 you ignorant tosspot, geography and planetary interaction has determined that Australia is around 8-10 hrs ahead of Qatar and with Caramello happy to accomodate a late start there for the dole bludging majority of economically and socially challenged europe/uk, I'm happy to inform you that the race will be seen live early on Tuesday morning here at Bobs house.

Meanwhile if you are inclined to watch a little v8 action, Saturday and Sunday might be your cup of tea.

Something about your cake and eating it too?

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

tuesday?

Its on here 2000 sunday evening, which makes bob at least 28 hours ahead of gmt. A little off topic I know, sorry.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

The big difference between Rossi and the other 2 is that they seemed to have to wait till it was their turn to win the title with equipment certainly these days playing a bigger role than ever before. How else do you explain winning by a large marging then getting absolutely hammered the following season. Then winning again after two seasons or in stoners case after 4 seasons. The suggest that their skill level when up and down like a brides nighty is a little difficult to swallow especially for an educated individual like yourself. There can be no doubt when a rider takes the title and then holds on to it despite everything going on around him.. A truer measure it would seem. Still I'm with you no title is gifted you have to earn it, there have been plenty of riders with the very best equipment who have done little with it.. My personal favourtie is casey would have been brilliant on the 500s... without the massive electronic interference they enjoy today and of all things michelin bicycle tyres(only a slight exaggeration).. No taller tale in motogp.. Still this season would be better with Casey in it no question.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

fatnostrato

'Er two titles with Bridgestone kinda dismisses your viewpont. 

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

No Nostro

Don't talk about yourself in the 3rd person ... that's plain wrong !

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I deny

rossi no credit for any of his titles hugelean. I found it amusing for el diablo who is not unknown to denigrate stoner to list him as a world champion rossi has beaten. Unlike others on his list stoner and jorge have obviously also beaten valentino, and in fact equal him for championships in that portion of their careers which is concurrent.

As far as krjr goes, while I am sure rossi would have beaten him on equal machinery as well after his rookie year, perhaps 2000 was the only year the suzuki was even close to competitive which is more or less what kenny says himself. I can argue the same applies to the 2007 ducati just as easily as those who claim massive bike advantage in that year.

I don't think stoner had in him what enabled doohan and rossi to win 5 or 7 premier class titles (he never himself seemed to think he would ever do this ), and his on the edge riding style and the focus this required was not conducive to longevity in any case imo. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"The big difference between Rossi and the other 2 is that they seemed to have to wait till it was their turn to win the title"

Rossi & Stoner both won in their 2nd years in the top class & all on factory machinery... one on a Yamaha in his 2nd year on the same bike that went on to win further titles... one on a Ducati in his 1st year with the team for its only title win.

"Then winning again after two seasons or in stoners case after 4 seasons"

2008, 2009, 2010... erm... :blink:

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no need

to be ratty, in a sisterly fashion or otherwise. Lorenzo won in 2010 and 2012, not in 2008, 2009 or 2011, which by my arithmetic is 2 championships, fairly similar in number to the number rossi won over the same period.

I actually give rossi a better chance than many do of getting the tie-breaker in his favour this year. He may well beat jorge this week-end, he did when they were last both on yamahas at Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

OH

Oh dear BOB. Let me spell it out to you. The V8’s will be on the early hours and the MotoGP will be early evening UK time. You will be knackered and tucked up early in bed from getting up in the wee hours of the morning to watch the Clipsal 500 and will miss the real racing!

Come on boys. Why argue over what rider had the advantage In a given year. The simple facts are for any year is that all riders start off the year with zero points. And at the end of the year the rider with the most amounts of points is the World champion. Jealousy is a cruel thing is it not.

And as I have said. At some points all of the GOATS start to slow down and do not take the same risks and younger riders come along. At least one rider is big enough to stick around and have fun! And hopefully put the entertainment back into racing

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Sisterat...

"lorenzo didnt win in his second year you fool.."

I corrected it before I hoped anyone had seen my mistake which I admit was a mistake... you replied almost immediately... you are right. That leaves only VR & CS with that record in recent times... I'm not sure what it's supposed to prove... one of Hugs strange stats... I didn't call him a fool for making his mistake but I'm assuming you will in due course because you clearly think he's an epic fail & as such should die...

... as should you for your mistakes of course...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices