Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow looks ahead to Qatar curtain-raiser MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow looks ahead to Qatar curtain-raiser

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow looks ahead to Qatar curtain-raiser

British rider Cal Crutchlow is confident he is ready to pose a consistent podium threat in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider appeared relaxed and confident as he chatted to the media in the Losail International Circuit paddock in Qatar earlier today ahead of the start of his third season in MotoGP. The former World Supersport champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 17:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Agreed....

I was only gonna repeat Hedgey's & CBRs point.  Jorgé and Dani are the only true aliens left.  Rossi isn't proven this season.   In this weeks MCN interview with Dani & Jorgé (well worth a read by the way) they both state pretty much the same that Rossi will have a tough job to keep up with them but you can't rule out the overall master of Sunday racing.  On that Yam, he's the guy with the most experience & racecraft.  Cal just doesn't measure against him yet.  Whereas he can with Dani & Jorgé.  3 years ago doesn't count anymore.  Rossi does have the  advantage in machine, support and experience.  Expect a few battle Royáles either way! Go on Cal... take it to them and keep it sunny side up!

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

hedge5

Yes Cal was faster but we all know how good he is at doing one off fast laps.
We also know in a race on a decent bike Rossi will whip his ass but Dani will whip both of them.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Sisterat...

"...over his career his average qualifying position has been 4th ..."

Not sure how accurate that stat is but it's dead easy to calculate what he's been able to convert that to... Rossi's average finishing position in races throughout his career is approx 4.8 (even discounting the Duc years it's 4.3)*... so on average he's qualified better than he's finished (if we believe your stat).

"come race day what do you think will happen?"

Not sure you've proved your point there but I think it's more a bad choice of stats than anything else.

Panny - as I said Cal's talked his way to the solution to the problems he suffered from last year... bring on the racing to prove it's not just talk.

* - that is an incredibly impressive record... but crap for proving your point.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

There's only one man to watch, and he's the rather cool Italian on a fire-breathing monster - 'The Dovimeister.'

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev! Hahahahahahahahaha..

...Genius, pure genius!...Hahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hedgy - ha, ha.

Nice dissection of rat bowels ludicrous ranting. Let's not forget Rossi has an 80% chance of winning the title this year according to the aforementioned deranged rodent.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Reverend Rodent

You can't still think that Spottyseister will get within sight of a podium, this season, surely? Still that's what comes from  in-breeding with rats, it haddles your brain. BaaBaa  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Feckin hell I only came back posting here yesterday and see the forum is infested with rats come on MCN clean this bullshit off.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Don't  feed trolls .-.-.-.-. starve 'em to death by ignoring 'em

Reply to this Topic
vward

Nov 07

vward says:

Cal Crutchlow

Firstly........why do folk have to be insulting to one another on these forums? It's just people with a common interest airing their opinions. Come on guys, keep the insults and inappropriate language to yourselves. Now to Cal's 'article'.......I can't make up my mind whether or not it is refreshingly honest and realistic or whether he is not helping himself by having too modest a set of ambitions? Maybe it's a British thing, but I doubt an American pro sportsman would write in that vein. That said, read the Stavros article about Barry Sheene and you'll see that there was a champion whose entire game plan revolved around his confidence. If you read Lorenzo's recent biography (slightly weird a piece of writing though it may be), you'll see that his self confidence has grown and grown and been made to grow some more. That can also make a rider come across as arrogant, but it seems to be an essential component in keeping yourself competitive in the upper echelon. We know Cal has talent, we know he can qualify with the best of them, and I believe he'll still get front row starts this season. But he needs to get off the line quicker and if he is made to start 2 or 3 rows back, find what it takes to get through fairly quickly and cleanly. There is nothing worse than willing on a particular rider who is 20 or 30 seconds back at half distance, but lapping at the same speed as the podium fighters. I'd love to know, in a hypothetical sense, what Rossi could have done if he had been riding a Tech3 M1. I believe he would have demonstrated that although it may not be the main works bike, it still has the pace to challenge for podiums. Come on Cal, forget about top 5 or 6. Forget about winning. Concentrate on challenging for the podium and then the occasional win will come.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices