Skip to content

General Police officer Killed on unmarked police bike General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Police officer Killed on unmarked police bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Police officer Killed on unmarked police bike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-22019006

i feel very sad for family and friends etc, but lets wait and see what the reaction to this is shall we?

there won't be any unmarked police bikes on the roads for a few months thats for sure.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 22:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Regardless of how I feel about police in general

He was still a brother rider who was taken before his natural time. RIP man, and my deepest condolences to his family. 

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i think thats my problem with this

is he wasn't a "brother" rider.

his SOLE purpose for being on an UNMARKED bike was to "entrap" or capture other bikers breaking the law. and yet he has died from the same Reason and risks that all of us face every day and sadly claims so many of us.

With a few high profile cases recently where car drivers have walked scott free from killing or seriously injuring motorcyclists i find i'm facing a huge amount of cynicism about this already.

lets see what has happens with this i think?

Reply to this Topic
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

Or perhaps

he was a surveillance motorcyclist, following major criminals or terrorists...who knows.

The fact is a young man is dead, leaving behind family and friends. I also expect that during his career he did more good for society that most people ever will.

Rest in peace.

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Diablere although I understand were you are coming from...

From a personal point of view here's my reasoning.

With out going into things to deeply, for over 30 years of my life I have been involved in conflict. Both for my country and in the private security sector.
We have always had a respect for the fallen no matter what colours he wore. We would always respectfully tend to the fallen, even if the fallen was deemed the enemy.
These ethics of respectability are what make us decent English men IMO. And this practice has and is adhered to by many civilised nations for a thousand years.
The mans died and I am sorry for that because of the above reasons, more so if he has left children behind.
A mans got to stand for what he believes, no matter what he believes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Sympathies to the family

Simon Hayes comments:-

"This tragic incident highlights the fact that police officers regularly put themselves at risk in performing their duty and in protecting the public."

Bikers experience those very same risks daily however the courts hold the riders life somewhat in contempt. We shall see if another ignorant myopic driver gets off scot free again because they happen to kill somebody riding a motorbike.

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Hey Vulcanrider

At no point did I say or suggest that I was the only ex service man on here. So secure that shit brother.

I mearly stated why I wished the dead man RIP.
One can still be respectful of the dead for Christ sake.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

I can't believe what i'm reading

A man has died. Does it matter what job he does? I get sick of people lambasting the police. 'He wasn't our brother'! Any other occupations in that category we should add?

I bet the police are the first people you would call if you were burgled, your bike was pinched etc.

I've just watched through tears the hillsborough documentary. I knew people who went to the match that day. Police tried to cover their tracks and blame it on the fans. Was it the little guy on the ground? No, as usual the higher echelons.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and think a little.

R.I.P.

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

jane

spot on with hillsbro ,it wasnt the bobby who tried to coverThe hierarchy refused to accept the statements of the bobby on the ground,those of the younger in service officers were told to alter theirs,all were critical!!!The stupidity of the OICs was to leave it to a senior officer who had never done a Big match,the man who was retiring should have guided him through games beforehand !Arrogance! I take it then that after 50yrs of riding I myself am Not a "brother biker" I thought i was,so did the dead officer  and I also have had bad experience with police but it rarely was due to an individual officer,,god bless his family!When an officer was killed on duty time was a pound was deducted from all police salary for his family!Ill bet he pulled more cars than bikes!Unless surveillance!Bet the car driver wasnt a biker,I take it then also some on here will be praising BMW car drivers now!

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Jez, quite a few harsh comments

Whatever the cause, some poor buggers dead. Get a grip.

Until details are public no one has a clue as to why it happened. Collision could have been caused by numerous different (wrong) actions, ranging from the Beemer doing a SMIDSY through to the bike doing something wrong as well, going too fast or whatever, with many in between.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Hmm

The guy that was killed recently was overtaking a car at a junction,so not entirely blameless.

As for not being forced into a job,neither are the army,but they always bang on about it. If it's that bad,don't join up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices