Skip to content

Discuss This Riders for Health and Bridgestone team up to improve health services in Africa General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Riders for Health and Bridgestone team up to improve health services in Africa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

Riders for Health and Bridgestone team up to improve health services in Africa

Bridgestone have announced a partnership with the international not-for-profit organisation Riders for Health to support their lifesaving humanitarian efforts to improve health care within Africa. Riders for Health manages motorcycles and ambulances for health-focused partners in sub-Saharan Africa. Now, with Bridgestone’s support, Riders will be able to mobilise more health workers enabling them to deliver vital health care to remote rural communities. Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 10:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Any Africans volunteering to improve my health care?

Maybe send a kiddie round to sit in the appointment queue at 8:30 with the professional sick getting their antibiotics and ibuprofen?

Reply to this Topic
Steve09R1

Dec 09

Steve09R1 says:

You didn't let us down...

Typical stupid, pointless comment from one of the site's regular dick-heads. I apologise to Riders for Health & Bridgestone on behalf of Rogerborg. For what it's worth many of us on the site think this collaboration is absolutely FANTASTIC news! Congratulations to the control tyre supplier of MOTO GP for directly assisting in the continuation of the excellent lifesaving work of the official charity of MOTO GP. All of it done using motorcycles! Shame more of the teams/ sponsors/ suppliers don't do a bit more eh? Maybe they will follow Bridgestone's magnificent example. See you all at Day of Champions 2013!...

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

You might be surprised how much this dickhead tithes to charity.

However, he has a genuine, principled objection to pouring money into bottomless welfare pits. RfH makes the right noises about being self sustained through not-for-profit charges, yet it's constantly rattling the tin for more. The long term solution to Africa's problems is giving its women access to education, contraception and the protection of an equitable law, NOT subsidising burgeoning remote communities that can't sustain themselves.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Very proud

Very proud of my donations to charity.  My donations have helped build Mansions and Palaces for African leaders and a fleet of Mercedes for Mugabe.

For  unknown reason's some of my donations  have ended up in Swiss Bank accounts ???

Reply to this Topic
Steve09R1

Dec 09

Steve09R1 says:

You clearly have no idea

about the actual work undertaken by Riders for Health.

Medicine/ contraception/ education etc is absolutely no use whatsoever if it can't make it to the final end-user. This is the case a lot of time on Africa and RIders facilitate this happening with the local Ministries for Health. I have seen it in action first hand and the whole system and setup is very impressive indeed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle