Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies relishing Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies relishing Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies relishing Ducati challenge

A factory Ducati Desmosedici might not seem like the ideal choice of machinery for a rider looking to bounce back from the worst year of his career. Texan Ben Spies though will start that process in Qatar tonight relishing the big challenge he faces ahead to help the Bologna factory bounce back from a difficult 2011 and 2012. Ducati is looking to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Why ever not Chris?

The world nr.6 as third best Yamaha prototype rider is exactly where I would expect him to be.

They're trundling around two seconds off the pace so far. Two seconds off the pace is of course familar territory for nr.6 though. Do you think he's peaked early?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Why not?

Because the rhetoric is of the 'glorious champion returning to retain his crown' - but thats Italian media, unashamedly biased and content with it.

Now, pace compared to FP1 2012 is only .2 slower but, early days yet.
The once King of Clowns has time to move up or down.

Maybe we should wonder why DP is so slow, he isnt a happy Bunny - maybe easter came to early for him?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Well Nostro you've actually achieved it. I only felt pity when I read your last comment.. Can I ask though?, you too chris does it reem??

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

No pity please

I have been an unashamed fan of JL for a long while - the kids grown up from being precocious and dangerous into a deserving 4 x World Champion.

VR is entertaining to watch, maybe past his prime, maybe out of his depth, but has a point to prove - to himself and to Ducati. There will be 4 race winners this year, the question mark is whether the 4th winner will be MM or CC (it will be MM).

Nostro's infatuation with VR's demise is an issue only Nostro and/or therapy can solve: but hey, I like Nostros unbiased view - its a refreshing as Elbowz/Revbenny/Wosi/CCB/yours/mine ect ect... the list goes on.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

There

You are Nostro. As I said. Negative words. I know you like to look at previous stats to put Rossi down. I have aced you some time here. The last time he was on the yam in 2010 he finished in 3rd place in FP1. Oh the same as he finished tonight. I will let you tell us all where he finished in the race in 2010 I'm not suggestion that he will win this Sunday. But this shows he is going to be right up there and not lost any of the speed that have taken him to just the 9 titles over 16 years Alt ctrl delete and under steer into the gravel Gone fishing

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

qatar

sandy conditions and no ducati will be taking silly risks untill the wind lowers as they are a handfull compared to the honda and yamaha, i dont think they will be anywhere barring an upset higher than 6th during the race but who will it be? i think hayden if anyone.

spies tho may suprise when he has more confidence, still riding with injury?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Spies suprise lets hope so but from what I have seen a hard weekend lies ahead a place in the top 10 would do.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices