Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo ended the first free practice of 2013 at the top of the timesheets after a late charge. Lorenzo displaced Tech 3 Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow to finish fastest, Crutchlow finished second ahead of Valentino Rossi to complete a Yamaha top three. Rookie Marc Marquez was the highest-placed non-Yamaha onboard his Repsol Honda in fourth ahead of Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 18:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

DUE TO THE NEW QUALIFYING RULES

These results mean little except to the top 10 in terms of qualifying positions.  They stil have about 2 seconds to knock off yet to get to last year's times.  Still, it's good to see that racing this season just might be a little closer.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Awesome first night... Espargaro planting a pork & apple sausage in the satellite barbie. Mind you, Cal didn't notice because he was ahead of all the factory bikes bar one. Respect to Dovi beating Pedrosa. Although let's not get too carried away as the grip improves and everyone sorts their lunches out and a good night sleep (which the engineers probably wont). It will all shuffle tomorrow guys...

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

UK champ?

Let's hope Cal keeps up the good work this year :-D How many think he'll actually be a title contender this year?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Go Cal. To my British friends, why do you support Rossi over Cal? Wouldn't it be bettetr to have a British contender? Rossi has achieved the zenith of motorcycle racing, and one more championship is going to mean FA to him. Stop drinking the the Koolaid and support your local lad with all your heart and soul.

Reply to this Topic
greasyfish

Apr 13

greasyfish says:

I agree

cal is deffinately on podium pace hes showing far more confidence aswell, i just hope the team give him the support he needs. I think bradley was a poor choice for tech 3, especially as cal and dovi were at the heels of the factory teams and getting regular podiums, bradley wont be at that level for a few years yet

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Veritas...

"and a brilliant ride by Cal to get in-between the two factory riders, his bike can't be all THAT bad! "

I don't think anyone can say the 2012 Yamaha was that bad... it certainly had the measure of the 2012 Honda & is so far showing the 2013 one a trick or 2. Go Cal!

Unfortunately I think Espargaro will get dropped off the pace as they get up to speed... they're below FP1 2012 pace at the moment but I expect things to pick up a lot towards qualifying.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

team orders

yamaha wont want him upsetting jorge and rossi in the title race so it could get him an offer from another factory if he does weil this season, cant see yamaha giving him factory anything unless one gets injured.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

HONDA TOP SPEED

holy hell, how fast are the repsol hondas in a straight line!!???!!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

ROCKETRI17

a full 3kmph faster then Yamaha or audi. thats realy realy amazing and soooooooooooo much faster then the rest riught?!?!

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You're right Foggy

Trouble is, I think the only ride up for grabs is Nicky's at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices