Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo ended the first free practice of 2013 at the top of the timesheets after a late charge. Lorenzo displaced Tech 3 Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow to finish fastest, Crutchlow finished second ahead of Valentino Rossi to complete a Yamaha top three. Rookie Marc Marquez was the highest-placed non-Yamaha onboard his Repsol Honda in fourth ahead of Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 18:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nobstrodamus

Bloody hell, the post is about Jorge being fastest yet Nobstro manages to still get his Anti 46 vitriol in, a life needed i fear. 

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Exactly

Trumpet.  Lets get into 2013.  No one cares about 2007 and any other year.  They are now locked in the history books and cannot be changed.  2013 is yet to be written and i am sure that Nostro and co have no rider to support they will do their best to put Rossi and most of the others riders dowm.

Cal has already came in for some stick.  It has to be said though that 2nd in FP1 is a great effort.  Just a thought though.  I can see the numbers 35, 46, 93,04 and 98.  Where is the No27 in the time sheets

GONE FISHING - HERE AND NOW

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

By the Sandal wearer of Galilee still they continue

Choccy Cams. Desmodromics is two cams for each valve operating on finger actuators, one opening the valve, one closing it, the spring is only a light return one for seating - many racing Ducati's do not have the valve seating springs at all.

15-17kmph advantage for the whole season? Utter, utter bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I think it is

vaguely possible that ducati may have had desmo valves on their motogp bikes prior to 2007.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

what we can hope for in 2013

is three, and possibly four (if Marquez doesn't crash too much) championship capable riders on championship capable bikes. All four will be on factory Hondas and Yamahas, on which all but 3 of the last 30 championships have been won, and both riders for these teams look like having equal bikes which has not always been the case. Should be a good season.

The winner of one of the 3 championships out of the last 30 not won by Yamaha or Honda riders is the one who had the huge advantage though? Fairly clear who is trying to re-write history. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Dear nostro. You still going on about the past. That 07 bike is in the Ducati museum along with the rider. You can argue all you like now here in the present but it won't change the results. Get over it. But saying that Ducati like you can't get out of the past as they are still using the 2012 bike here in 2013. And I suppose as you are still in past #27 is still in motogp. Arrrrr that's nice!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Willie's food for mediation

Look I know some of you hate eachother but the 2007 Ducati "speed advantage" absolutely did exist but it wasn't all a horsepower thing as is the case now and forever more. Much more to do with Digital than Desmo power.

At the beginning of races as Nostro stated the Dukes "speed" advantage could be as little as 4 - 5 Kph but by the end of the race more like 10 - 12 Kph. How so? Casey was by far the best of the early robot riders of the digital age and while he is exceptional at the sideways swing he was even better at letting the laptops sort out his corner exits.

2007 Ducati = best electronics package and just as if not more important better tyre life with Bridgestone. Therefore as the laps went by and Michelin grip went down Casey's bike just seemed faster and faster because his acceleration off of the corners with the computer managing wheelspin (not Casey) meant the Duke reached terminal velocity faster and by the end of a decent straight added a few more clicks to boot.

Rossi after gaining some tyre life and becoming the best (retrained the brain) if not the only old school 500 rider to convince his brain to trust the digi bikes implicitly.......... continued to be very successful indeed.

See.......... no need to argue.... your all right IMHO....... unlike racing ....... on a forum everybody CAN win ( on some subjects)???

Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Now

That we have cleared the past up can we bring it smack back up to date with 2013 please. Just one thing though. I have not seen nostro say anything about Rossi being 0.027 seconds off Jorge. But I'm guessing if he looses a significant amount of time in FP 2 and beyond he will be all over it like a dog on a mail mans leg. Less of the negative waves young Sherlock

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Now

That we have cleared the past up can we bring it smack back up to date with 2013 please. Just one thing though. I have not seen nostro say anything about Rossi being 0.027 seconds off Jorge. But I'm guessing if he looses a significant amount of time in FP 2 and beyond he will be all over it like a dog on a mail mans leg. Less of the negative waves young Sherlock

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh BTW

Well put vfr......... as for your last post I am defo up for that..... get on with 2013 (could) be epic!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices