Skip to content

Discuss This Crutchlow a title dark horse, say Rossi and Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Crutchlow a title dark horse, say Rossi and Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Crutchlow a title dark horse, say Rossi and Lorenzo

Cal Crutchlow’s outstanding early 2013 performances mean the British rider can be a dark horse for this year's MotoGP world championship. That’s the view of factory Yamaha duo Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, who were split by the Monster Tech 3 satellite rider in the top three in tonight’s opening practice session in Qatar. Crutchlow finished the opening 45-minute practice in second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 22:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Has

Nosto's PC broke.....  Not seen any posts since FP1 started!!! 

Looks like we could have a close 5 way battle for the win on Sunday.  The Honda's will get closer come the race. 

Lets hope it's a good one

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Don't count yer chickens

I reckon the works Yamahas and Hondas aren't really trying yet cos the track needs rubbered in a lot more for them to really get on it.  In FP1, Lorenzo was 2 seconds off his qualifying last year - watch him get into into the 1.54's once he's got the bike dialled in and the track surface improves.

Cal has to impress his bosses this year - for all his talk about deserving a works bike Dovi was much better than him on the Tech 3 last year so was always going to get first dibs at a works ride (and did).  So I think Cal is looking good now but hasn't that much more to give and will be struggling on Sunday to keep up. 

Dovi has the same problem - trying to impress but not much left and will be demoralised on Sunday to see the top 4 changed out of their leathers when he's crossing the finish line.

Spies has given up already IMHO and is getting his excuses ready.

Pedrosa looked poor in FP1 but he always starts slow and builds up so nobody's fooled by that.  He'll be at the sharp end when the lights go out. MM has been told not to do too much too soon in case he crashes badly before the race starts.  But once he's thru the first corner on sunday the red mist will come down and he won't be able to resist going for a win. 

Vale wants to shut up the doubters so will be keeping his powder dry (aiming for front row quali) then pushing for a win. 

Looking forward to it -   Sparks will fly!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs?

"Great one lap pace from Cal but a way to go yet to get on the race pace of Jorge and Rossi.."

Cal did a 1:55.984 in the race last year (that's faster than either JL or Rossi in last year's race)... they've all got a way to go to get on race pace full stop... & then reach for qualifying pace... it's early days.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Race Pace

But he finished 17 seconds behind Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Hedgey, I realise it can get a little confusing when you're as numb as a pump, but we are talking about last night.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I would love

to see cal on a competitive bike, but I strongly suspect a tech 3 yamaha will never be such.

However evil honda may be in general, they have occasionally allowed satellite teams to have competitive machinery. I don't recall yamaha doing so; garry mccoy's exploits in a different era didn't involve much assistance from them.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

""Hedgey, I realise it can get a little confusing when you're as numb as a pump, but we are talking about last night. "

You mentioned race-pace... they raced last night?... & you call me confused...

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

cal didn't get close to Jorge and Rossi until there was 5 mins left when he went for a quick lap. If you want to pretend I was talking about last years race times because it suits your lame argument, when Rossi was on a different brand, then that's ok just leave me out of it as I have misses...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

So they didn't race & none of them are up to race pace yet (because we don't actually know what that is yet)... cool... what was the point of your post then?

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Race Pace

Jorge won the race last year by doing mid to low 1.56, roughly the same as he did last night, and last year in FP1.

So it looks like the race pace won't be too far off what they're doing now.

The point I took from Huggy's post was that Cal is very fast over a lap, but needs to transfer that to a consistent fast race pace, which he hasn't been able to do.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle