Skip to content

Discuss This Ewan becomes face of Guzzi General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

Scottish Hollywood star Ewan McGregor is to star in a new advertising campaign for Moto Guzzi’s all-new California 1400. The star of Trainspotting, the Star Wars prequels, Moulin Rouge and TV’s Long Way Round is a lifelong bike – and particularly Moto Guzzi (he owns 10!) – fan and will star in a new television campaign called ‘My Bike, My Pride’,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 09:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

The 2nd worst value for money actor in Hollywood

Not to be outdone, Norton are in discussion with Will Ferrel's agent.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

parasite

This attention seeking dreg would go to the opening of a fridge for his own end , if he's such a bike fan why doesn't he put something into it like a race team or backing but no he just uses bikes for freebies and money earning projects and jollies with Charlie Boring , he's a knob

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Showbiz Land

Like thousands of bikers out there: Owned and rode Guzzi's for thirty five years. Travelled the world on bikes, from the Rocky's to the Himalayas. Now this hair-gel lovie and his side kick seem to have invented the lot! Wish they would P**s Off back to showbiz land and take Parrish with them!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

The dishevelled cool and moody look just doesn't work on Ewan....

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

I'm jealous too...

...but with so many 'A-listers' getting involved in environmental politics, banging on about how they drive a Prius or whatever, it's nice that there are still some high-profile celebrities who are actual bikers. Besides, wouldn't you rather see a genuine bike enthusiast advertising bikes, rather than someone with no apparent connection to the product? I don't mind seeing golfers endorsing golf clubs, but it seems they only endorse shaving foam or financial products nowadays.

Being a bike fan doesn't automatically make you a race fan either. He's into Guzzis and long distance touring on Beemers; why would he start a race team? I'm sick of seeing celebrities turning up on GP grids, gushing about how it's their first time at a race meeting, and isn't it exciting. Steve McQueen's dead; who else have we got?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

FFS

Have either of you two who are making such vitriolic comments actually met the man ? No, thought not, so these comments about attention seeking dreg and hair gel lovie are just opinions based on films and their bike related appearances.

Jealousy is such a vile trait. 

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Lots of jealousy here

He makes his living as an actor, makes good money but your problem is you don't think these kinds of people should be allowed to like bikes?  He's famous and is highly recognized the world over and Guzzi is gaining a bit more public profile from him as a result.  He's getting paid for his acting and association with the brand.  It's a marketing strategy that will hopefully benefit Guzzi.  How is this any different than any other actor that films a commercial for a product you see on the tele?  The difference here is Ewan actually likes Guzzis unlike many actors who promote a product they would never use.

And why would anyone think he should be obligated to fund a race team?  Because he makes a lot of money?  That's a limp reason and smacks of jealousy from those who should have applied themselves better in life.  He owes no one here or anywhere else anything.

If Guzzi gets better brand recognition and sells some more bikes from this, that's a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@69fast

The man loves motorcycles and he ride a lot, acting is his job mate, why shouldn't he do this? Talk about jealousy!!

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

good on him

more celebs on bikes actors, musicians whatever, I think its good why not try to make biking more cool to non bikers even, much better than some fat beer swilling bearded wanker who lives in the 70s like half the bikers in this country, its the image that first attracts you to biking its what you see, seeing a big fat bloke on a pan European with chevrons on his paniers isn't very inspiring to a youth but a film star is so more of it in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

OK... here's why the haters are right

Granted the haters in all topics aren't always right, but in this they have a point.

The story they are commenting is about a product endorsement by a pseudo celeb.  He isn't as instantly recognizable to the world as someone like Tom Cruise, or even cranking it down a notch or two or three or four as Shia Labeouf. Then again he doesn't charge as much either. 

But he is much more known to the motorcycling community, so he actually has more value for moto products as a celeb endorser.  For example I am not sure if his endorsement of a mens perfume a few years back made any money for the company.

But what the Guzzi people may not know, is that very few in the community care what he likes or thinks.

I actually think getting a single person to push this particular Guzzi maybe a bad idea. Since Guzzi is a tiny company and they can't afford to alienate a single person. And by having him posing with the bike, they just alienated a lot of riders.

What does it say about a bike, a motorcycle, that they need someone like him to say that it's good?

Guzzi, use the money you budgeted for him for good instead: 1) product placement.  2) US, Euro demo ride tours 3) High profile contests and product giveaways 3) turn the actual owners into ambassadors and let their enthusiasm sell the bikes 4)... 

For the rest email me Guzzi.  Note to the Marketing Manager at Guzzi, my company Racing Shiva Productions is based in the US and I'll be very happy to discuss more ideas with you in how best to promote your new California cruiser. Cheers,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices