Skip to content

Discuss This Ewan becomes face of Guzzi General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

Scottish Hollywood star Ewan McGregor is to star in a new advertising campaign for Moto Guzzi’s all-new California 1400. The star of Trainspotting, the Star Wars prequels, Moulin Rouge and TV’s Long Way Round is a lifelong bike – and particularly Moto Guzzi (he owns 10!) – fan and will star in a new television campaign called ‘My Bike, My Pride’,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 09:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

good for both parties involved, it makes it better than ewan actually owns several old guzzi's and had a genuine passion for the brand

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

take note, Guzzi

God hath spoken.

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

heck, plenty of jealousy about, i like the bloke, seems fairly down to earth, loves his bikes and promotes a company that he actually likes. I can't see whats wrong with that. I much prefer him to obnoxious slimy, in-love-with-myself folk like Tom Cruise etc. Anyone who moans about the fact he gets free bikes and tools etc given to him to go round the world with, well, wouldn't you do the same?

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

FFS, get a life!

I see the sycophants are out again. FFS, get a life!!! Are your lives so miserable, that you need others to live it for you?

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

The Hills ...........Eh

Yep. Good luck to the guy.He's only trying to make a few BOB like the rest of us.Can't be bad can it,he's sitting there in the warm sunshine while we freeze our bollocks off I could'nt give a fig anyway who 's sitting on the bike, JULIE ANDREWS for all i care....The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of GUZZIE'S  (Moto Guzzi if this is used you know where to send Royalties or anyone else).....Sorry......Anyway i have an old saying.....If you like it try it and if you wannit buy it

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

If Ewan was some film star who Guzzi just sat on a bike and asked him to say nice things to promote their brand, I would slag him off too. But the guy is a big Guzzi fan who wants to see the company do well. Why should we knock him for that? He has a collection of bikes and has ridden for years so its not like he's just turned up on the bike scene. And its my theory that if his dickhead mate hadn't run into the back of the cameraman on the last trip, the Hollywood powers-that-be would have let him do another trip. The guy is just giving support to the company that has given him a lot of enjoyment and I don't blame him. If he does promo work for any other company, then I'll believe its for money, but I don't think he will.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

flydnb says

"I think its good why not try to make biking more cool to non bikers even, much better than some fat beer swilling bearded wanker who lives in the 70s like half the bikers in this country, its the image that first attracts you to biking its what you see, seeing a big fat bloke on a pan European with chevrons on his paniers isn't very inspiring to a youth but a film star is so more of it in my opinion."

LOL.  Absolutely spot-on!  The guy has been into bikes, and particularly Guzzis for years, and long before he became 'famous'.  There's clearly a few jealous/bitter old men on here!  Get on with your own lives instead of trying to talk down someone else who is clearly way more successful than you'll ever be.  If you want to slag anyone, go slag off that Bieber character who paddles along on his Ducati in front of the paparazzi for show.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

indeed

Barry Sheene, David Essex, Wayne Gardiner,Tom Cruise,Mad Max and many others have played their part in promoting Biking, Why so much hate for someone who has provided so much entertainment and probably kick started a whole new era in Adventure Biking?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Actually, fair play to him

He might be a 3rd rate money pit who didn't even get recognised standing next to a poster of himself on a Star Wars film set full of fans, but he does have a long and genuine biking history. Plus, BMW must be fuming, which is tops.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Give him a break

Come on give the bloke a break he admits he likes the bike after a ride thats good enough for me then he found the half a million under the seat for liking the bike in the first place and liked it even more, now he will be looking for the other half a million in the coming years to like it even more.

I would like a bike like that every body would.  that Pratt Boreman will also start liking those Chinese bikes (honda copies) when he find his first £10 under the seat.  What a Pratt he is!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices