Skip to content

Discuss This Ewan becomes face of Guzzi General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Ewan becomes face of Guzzi

Scottish Hollywood star Ewan McGregor is to star in a new advertising campaign for Moto Guzzi’s all-new California 1400. The star of Trainspotting, the Star Wars prequels, Moulin Rouge and TV’s Long Way Round is a lifelong bike – and particularly Moto Guzzi (he owns 10!) – fan and will star in a new television campaign called ‘My Bike, My Pride’,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 09:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

@eatcs01 - farkin 'ell mate, you dunnarf go on. The most interesting thing about your post is the carriage returns. Tell us how you do it mate. I can't figure it out

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

So, he's a celeb who's endorsing a brand. Hardly new or radical? At least he rides bikes, of all types, in all weathers. I'd hate to be famous, because everyone and their dog has an opinion about you which is rarely based on fact, rather that which is printed or reported about you.

Good luck to him and Guzzi if it boosts their sales in these impoverished times!!

(Er, Moto Guzzi, any chance of a discount on a new Cali? No? Oh well....)

Reply to this Topic
essexboyc

May 05

essexboyc says:

Good luck to Guzzi

Moto Guzzi have done well to get such a famous actor to do their advertising for them. Look how Charlie and Ewan did a lot of good for BMW, every 2nd bike seems to be a GS now. He's always ridden Guzzis so it's natural for him to star in their adverts. Anyone who thinks that they are just trying to use it as another cheap celebrity endorsement should look at Triumph and see how they use Steve McQueen and live on their heritage when he raced a Triumph in an ISDT event in the 60's!

Anyone who hasn't ridden a Guzzi should try one. I've had a Guzzi for 2 years now after Triumphs and although they take a little bit of getting used to, they are great bikes to ride, look and sound fantastic. I've had more people come up to me and ask me about my bike than I ever did with my Triumphs so if Ewan helps get more Guzzis on the road then I'm all for it!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Herbert

Yes. I do go on sometimes. PMSL

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

I dont have a guzzi.....

and never ridden one either. But i do like the look of them. Personally i think its great that Ewan is promoting them. He has been a biker for many years and is mad about them. It cant be nice reading some of the rubbish on here about yourself. Good for you fella!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Who gives a shit? Good luck to the guy, I ain't buying a Guzzi any time soon.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

Good to have anyone promoting bikes and helping get them in the media I recon. Guzzi is a cool bike and brand for bikers who don’t have anything to prove, Ewan seems like a good fit.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Bloody hell, really?

Thats how you advertise! Thats why Rossi sells fucking mopeds in the Phillipines. Jordan is going to be the new face motorcycling with Jodie Marsh, we had better sell our bikes and start driving lawn mowers until Titchmarsh sits on one, Jesus H Christ.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yup fair play

E McG has been a Guzzisti for a long time as I understand - before he became known to the world at large. Shrewd move by Guzzi to get him to promote a stylistic product like the new Cali range. I wouldn't have him anywhere near a MGS-01 though!

First time in my life I've ever heard of Shia Labeouf - I'm not about to look up who or what he is though.

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

Guzzi Factory blog

He has my vote. he has promoted biking and given it more appeal out there. I hope it goes further and promotes some saftey films too.

I am out to Italy in June and am looking forward to a trip to Lake Coma. To see the moto guzzi factory. Maybe I can persuade them that I will help sell a few bikes too.

vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices