Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Nasty Bike Accident

at the end of my road last night.

looks like white van man pulled out on a 125 learner and dragged him up 100m up the road before stopping.

All my mates have checked in, but still haven't found out how the rider is yet. the police had the road closed for 5 hours so that doesn't suggest a good outcome:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 14:53)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Closed the road.. :(

Thats never a good sign....  hope the guys alright..:upset:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Just checked local press

serious head and chest injury's but not fatal. 125 Cagiva was involved in a collision with a white van and a stationary car. van was heading the opposite way up the road. could be any number of causes really.

Cagiva's are pretty rare around here now. But don't think its anyone i know. hope he survives:upset:

Reply to this Topic
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

It's been

a pretty bad year already for motorcyclists. Was just reading on the BBC about Neil Hamilton - a road safety campaigner - killed earlier this week.

The below link shows how many stories related to motorcycle accidents so far this year - far too many fatal accidents already.

BBC - motorcycle accidents

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Update

Apparantly 3 young lads come out of the pub. more than a bit pissed and owner decided to let his mate have a go on his 125. said lad borrows helmet, doesn't do it up and shoots away from the pub as fast as he can, overtaking a car in the process, unfortunatly he clips a van coming the other way parts company from the bike and his helmet and slides down the road followed by his bike and ends up under a car(my Mates) , closely followed by the bike.

My mate hears the bang and rushes out to see the carnage and a pair of legs sticking out from under his car. by the time he gets down his drive. the riders two mates have arrived one pulls the rider out from under the car(lots of blood) whilst the other starts picking up his bike.

at this point the driver of the overtaken car gets out and starts waving his warrant card about whilst calling for back up and an ambulance. he trys to stop any body from moving the rider and the bike to be confronted by fists. at this point all hell breaks loose and mate is left holding the rider on the floor, who is slowly coming round., when he does he attempts to do a runner (adrenaline) , gets about 100 metres and collapses. at this point 6 vans . i'll repeat 6 vans of police turn up and arrest everyone.

still no news on the rider other than he was seriously injured and was airlifted to Birmingham.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices