Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2

Repsol Honda rookie Marc Marquez topped the Friday evening free practice session at the Losail circuit as the top ten riders for the Q2 qualifying session were decided. Marquez beat fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to the top spot by just 0.001s after the reigning world champion again took the top spot from Cal Crutchlow. Factory Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi set the fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 20:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Dreaming

Honda the best race bike?

Never has been since the 2005 V5, not even close. If you disagree, you're probably dreaming of the taste of Italian as you read this.

Cheers knuckleheads.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

Bradley Smith

So where are all the naysayers? Still in bed dreaming up who to slag off next?

Who would have put Bradley Smith ahead of Bradl, and only 0.4 off Pedrosa?

Some of the shit I read in here on a daily basis by the same few dickheads really gets on my tits.

I hope Bradley and Cal both go amazingly well and give the fingers to the useless nob jockeys that delight in putting them down. You know who you are. 

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Whingeing, excuses

Yesterday it was a headache, today it's slow riders looking for a tow.  No wonder people have no respect for Rossi, it's always the same old story - oh wait, that was someone else. When it's Rossi, it's pearls of wisdom and justified criticism. Not the same thing at all.

Of course, if it waddles like a Duc and sounds like a Duc, it's just  1/1000th of a second behind you, Rossi.  With an Eyetalian rider aboard!  I guess Ducati must have put that magic nut back in the bike they took out the night before you first rode one. The one that connects the handgrips.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ohh..the pain..the heartache..

Roll up the bottom lip, stop dribbling and tuck those wizzened orange teabags into your thong safely out the way of a long overdue shoeing.

No need to take the bitter realisation out on Rossi cos he sent your boy home early? - although I'll agree, it means there's not much to cheer for now..SSHHaame.

Well done the Brits, especially Bradley Smith..

Good effort from Dovi & Hayden but, the times are slow..if the track doesn't improve it will suit the Ducati better.

Top 10 within a second..looking forward to the new Q1/2 grid deciders.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

just for my interest wosi

How exactly did rossi send stoner home early? Even in wosiworld it can't have been by his devastating performances on the ducati in the last 2 years, however good he has been on Hondas and Yamahas in the past and looks like being again back on a Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're quite right DF..

..It wasn't the performances. Things ran a little deeper than that..

Anyway..looking forward..leaving history aside..How do you think Rossi will go in Q2?

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ahh, possihound

I sympathise with your chagrin; Stoner did indeed decide that there was more challenge in life from casting a line over the side of a boat than having to wait around in parc ferme in the gathering gloom for Rossi to finish so they could get on with the podium ceremony without the noise of Rossi weeping in his pit box interrupting the telecast. Having delivered to Honda the WC they hadn't managed to win since Rossi's old team mate Hayden beat him in '06,  Stoner decided that it was all a bit of a game of silly soldiers and moved on in his life. While that cut your reason for living off rather sadly, it's good that you soldier on in the fluffy fields of imagination rather than just throwing your lot in with the harsh realities of life.

But that was then and this is now, and just like the first race of '06 when Stoner beat him (oh, and so did Pedrosa, incidentally), Rossi is staring at the fact that another rookie on a Honda is about to wax his arse.  To be fair, Rossi probably will be closer to Marquez than the 60+ seconds he was behind Pedrosa and the 44 seconds he was behind Stoner in their first motoGp race in '06, but he has the advantage this time of riding a bike developed by Lorenzo into a WC winning machine rather than having to rely on something for which he was responsible.  All he has to do is follow Dovi home.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

What was the score with Hayden's rear brake?

Did anyone else see it glowing red and I'm not just on about going into a corner? I thought the rear brakes were steel? If so, that surely means it was dragging/binding and that would have slowed him down somewhat. Fair enough it would have also kept his front wheel in line (maybe a new Ducati ploy....!?) but if it was binding, he did a brilliant job of getting it up there. The Dukes looked great under the lights, angry yet stunning. Just what a race bike should be!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Crutchlow says ...

... "Would Jorge Lorenzo still win on my package? Yes, maybe - but that's him. Would Valentino Rossi or anyone else win on it? I don't think so." Fans of Crutchlow can read his new, regular BBC column and be amazed at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/22042391

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think thats just Haydens style

using a lot of rear brake. I think I'm right in saying he uses a bigger rotor than most. He might even be using it with the throttle open to try and dampen the "Ducati pump" we've been seeing under acceleration.

I do love the comments from all these "race fans". Its only practice ladies. Keep calm.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices