Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez tops final practice, Smith makes Q2

Repsol Honda rookie Marc Marquez topped the Friday evening free practice session at the Losail circuit as the top ten riders for the Q2 qualifying session were decided. Marquez beat fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to the top spot by just 0.001s after the reigning world champion again took the top spot from Cal Crutchlow. Factory Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi set the fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 20:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Interesting

It's very interesting this new qualifying. Lots of front runners accepting a lowish position just to stay in Q1, while others with something to prove (Dovi / Marquez) going for it. Not really my cup of tea - bring back proper Quali or Superpole.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Good point SM

Curing the Duke's pump could be reason. He does use a larger rear rotor and tends to lean on the rear quite a lot (dirt tracker days...) but to see it glowing red?! That's some going as only a tiny percentage of brake force/bias is on the rear wheel!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Haven't quite got myself around

the vagaries of the new qualifying system yet wosi, and I suspect it won't be all that important, but perhaps 3rd.

I think he may win the race though, he did last time out on a Yamaha at Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

farnarkle

Have you been sucking a lemon ?  or was it 'sour grapes' ?

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Crutchlow says ...

He's not happy with his package...balls not big enough. Different year, same story.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Krapp

Its in the nature of ALL racers car or bike to be unhappy with their "package". You have to learn to accept thats the way of things. I`ve followed motorsport for lots of years and I`ve never heard anyone say they`re totally satisfied with their machinery...unless in the first few glorious minutes after a win.

"Thanks to my team, they put a great car/bike under me...." You don`t tend to hear that during qually!
This is for your information, although I`m annoyed at myself for responding to such a miserable moron as you.

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Erm, should I respond to this after the 'miserable moron' remark? Yes everybody wants the fastest bike, so what?  It's so obvious you don't need to say it.  Maybe he thinks that by repeating this mantra over and over it will happen, he will get the goods, haha, I should like the guy, he's funny in a kinda stupid way. If I were his boss I wouldn't find it funny though. STFU Cal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle