You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Chinese bikes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

iconn67

Apr 13

iconn67 says:

Chinese bikes

My wife bought me a vixen 125-8 for my birthday (first bike) it needs some work doing, the kick start is slipping and the gear shift is loose. The bike is a copy of the Honda cm125, will the Honda parts fit the vixen.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 April 2013 20:16)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Chinese

A copy is a copy,why buy quality parts to fit inferior/crap parts?

Buy a mig/tig welder or a Honda.:smile 

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Different parts

Hi iconn67. The easy way is to check out www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk tel no 08445678887. ( Lexmoto ) You can go on there parts catalogue and check out the parts and prices for the items you need. Or just ring them and see if the parts are the same. But i bet you wont get any help from a Honda dealer. I,ve used these guys before and they are really helpfull.

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Slipping

Are the splines worn out on the gear lever and kickstart shafts or could you file between the gap on the gear lever and kickstart so you could tighten them up a bit more without snapping the bolts. I,ve used this method before.

Reply to this Topic
CharlieBiker

Jan 13

CharlieBiker says:

Chinese Bikes

Hello mate - don't get put off by the negative comments on Chinese bikes - I was biking when the Japs destroyed the UK bike industry - same comments.

The quality is far better now from certain manufacturers, and those purists out there might like to know that many of parts for so called big brands are made in the same Chinese factories. Indeed my son has recently returned from the plant that makes the whole bike for a top Jap brand. When you consider the cost of buying a modern big brand 125cc against a modern Chinese 125 it is a no-brainer.

I've been riding and repairing for 40 years - I believe the big brands are promoting a quality myth (based on historical reputation) for their newer 125cc ranges. Typically they will buy at £700 to £800 and sell for £2,500 to £2,800.

A reasonable new Chinese bike will cost the dealer £600 to £800 and will retail at £1,200 to £2,000. With between a one and three year warranty.

Like any bike regular maintenance, a good quality engine oil, regular ACF50 treatment and you wont go wrong.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

reply better later

than never,so what bike make are you talking Charlie?

I take it that the vixen 125-8 is crap.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

bikes

.... also, the japs didn't destroy the british bike industry. The british bike industry destroyed the british bike industry. 

Reply to this Topic
CharlieBiker

Jan 13

CharlieBiker says:

Best Chinese Bikes?

If I were a youngster looking for a 125 I'd go for KYMCO or SKYTEAM from an established "all makes" dealer.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CharlieBiker

Jan 13

CharlieBiker says:

Some Chinese Bike Facts.....

Some Interesting Facts – Chinese Motorcycle Manufacturers....... cant be all that bad - otherwise they would not sell so much.... 

Loncin has annual production capacity of 2,500,000 motorcycles, 3,000,000 motorcycle engines. e (ATV) production capacity of 150,000 - ranking first industry-wide.

Lifan was founded in 1992 as a motorcycle repair shop with a staff of nine. Becoming the fifth-largest Chinese motorcycle maker in only seventeen years. MV Agusta, partnered with Lifan Group, signed the agreement at the EICMA China Motorcycle Show.

Zongshen was founded in 1992 and now consists of 52 wholly owned or part owned subsidiary companies. The Zongshen group has over 18,000 employees it has a yearly output of over 1,000,000 motorcycles. They are presently in partnerships with Harley Davidson and Piaggio.

QianJiang motor is one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers in Asia.  Their product range includes motorcycles, scooters and mopeds from 50cc to 1,130cc under the Qjiang, Benelli, Generic and Keeway brands. The present production capacity is 1.5 million 2-wheeled vehicles and 2 million engines per year. Over 22% products are exported to 136 countries all over the world. European design, Japanese quality with Chinese cost is QJ management motto. QJ built 2 R&D centers in Europe and China, cooperating with professional and experienced experts from Italy, Austria, Japan, Germany and France etc. QJ is the only Chinese motorcycle company worldwide to produce high-speed racing motorcycles and touring motorcycles.

Makes you think...:lol::winkie:

Reply to this Topic
bikedoctor4u

Apr 13

bikedoctor4u says:

should

have bought Japanese m8

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale