Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

Italian Andrea Dovizioso threatened to pull of the first major shock of the 2013 MotoGP world championship in Qatar last night when he battled for a top three position in free practice. The former 125GP world champion put his factory Desmosedici GP13 into the top three in the late stages of last night’s third practice session, which saw the top 10...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

It's only free practice, but a great morale-booster for the whole Ducati team - Turn 1 looks like Dovi territory.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Impressive...

... when was the last time a Ducati was this close to the front in a dry  FP1/2/3/QP?... or shouldn't I ask?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Misano last year hedgey, actually, not there either, they were better, do you mean exactly the same??...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Benny

You're being very cautious. Are you hedging you bets just in case ?   

Why is Dovi  'surprised' at the speed of the Ducati?  Ducati have always had speed .  Anyway more bikes up front can only be good.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"Misano last year hedgey, actually, not there either, they were better, do you mean exactly the same??..."

Nope... 0.333 off the pace?... Rossi never got closer than 0.7 there...

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Saturn

'Hedgeing my bets?' - I like it .... Haha. A speedy Duke has been a rare sight in recent years. I wonder how much more Dovi can get out of the old relic? He hasn't been too shabby so far, and even Hayden appears to be a fan. 

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Dovi

Looking good on that Duke, we'll see how the season pans out but its a good start by a few Duke riders.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Benny

IMO Ducati has always had straight line speed - other problems (bigger than some people thought) prevented it from overall lap-times.  Two things that should be factored in are

1. Due to Presiozi's intransigence Stoner's outstanding ability at riding round the problems was underestimated. (by him) (prima donna who believed he had created the perfect package)

2. The introduction of the 1000cc exacerbated the shortcomings of the 800cc and ..... Burgess and Rossi grossly underestimated the size of the task.

Well - that's 3 things really!    Dovi has always been under-rated and I think he made a very telling remark in an interview a couple of season back when he said '' Don't overlook me because I am ordinary and drive a family estate car.''

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Ducati always looked good in a straight line, it's just corners & handling

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn, Dovi underestimated!..

..C'mon, by whom? He has had the factory bike and didn't take his chance. He's a quality rider, that's not in dispute, but he's not an "Alien" and never will be. It's a ridiculous notion to say he's overlooked, he's most certainly not, but you've got to put these things into perspective. He'll be good for Ducati and he's showing he's got class, but "under-rated"...no!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices