Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

Italian Andrea Dovizioso threatened to pull of the first major shock of the 2013 MotoGP world championship in Qatar last night when he battled for a top three position in free practice. The former 125GP world champion put his factory Desmosedici GP13 into the top three in the late stages of last night’s third practice session, which saw the top 10...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yup...

"Ducati always looked good in a straight line, it's just corners & handling"

Losail has 16 corners... he'd be even closer if it was 15! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

The 'under-estimated' tag came from commentators and Dovi himself.   I think he made remarks to that effect when he was dropped from the Repsol squad - but then he had Stoner to contend with   ...  and ...  he is underestimated by many MCN posters as you can tell from the many negative comments.   I'll agree though that he doesn't have the 'alien' gene ...  but on the other side of the coin he only had one season on the Repsol to 'prove' himself. Pedrosa has had 7.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Saturn ...

... very valid points, and as Hayden says: 'not flashy'. Hayden has worked with some of the very best in the business and suffered as a result. But now, like Crutchlow last year at Tech3, he's benefitting from having Dovi as his team-leader.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ducati straight line speed

No IMO needed Saturn. Its always had it by the bucket load. Stats prove it and few could use it. GP13 ? Thats funny. Its still last years bike with a little fuel cell shift in the hope of optimizing weight distribution.

Preziosi and intransigence ? The bloke has gone fishing as an indirect result of the intransigence of Rossi and Burgess re-bike design coupled to the media fallout. At worst Dovi is trying to wring its neck. Get the speed,then use the data to identify endurance issues is the correct approach in my view. Rossi got the fright of his life in Valencia testing post race 2010 and focused on saving face for 2 seasons at the expense of the manufacturer. That is just IMO.

Ducat now have a team of real grafter's,rather than one megastar moaner driving development in every direction.

I have no high expectations for team Bologna this weekend nor anytime soon,but the early promise is just that. I hope iit all translates into good results for all four sooner rather than later. Rhetoric and rider personalities aside,the sport and spectacle 2013 needs Ducati L4 prototype to upset the the generally accepted applecart that is GP2013. Funny old bone ain't it. Dani struggling on his L-4 Honda,practise current.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

If he's your rider, he's under-rated..

..if he's not, maybe he's over-rated. Unfortunately, that's just the way of the world..

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Nice Bloke, but well over-rated by some.

" I'll agree though that he doesn't have the 'alien' gene ... but on the other side of the coin he only had one season on the Repsol to 'prove' himself. Pedrosa has had 7."

Saturn, you been smoking them blunts too much mate. Dovi had 3 seasons to 'prove' himself on the Respol Honda 2009,2010 and 2011. He managed to win once in his first season. He did Ok in 2011 to come third though. I agree that Dani's has been given many chances to prove himself, although the guy has won 22 races thus far at Honda, so IMO he deserves the chances he's been given. 0.33 wins per season versus 3.14 wins per season is almost one order of magnitiude difference, in Dani's favour. Your yellow lenses need a good wipe as they're fogging up a bit.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Good point CBR..

..and well made.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

CBR ...

... yes your're right, three years at Repsol - two of which was in the role of race development rider (hence the strong RC213V package), and one year as the unwanted guy - the bloke who shamed HRC into honouring his contract. You caught a glimpse of the real Dovi in 2011 when he was finally allowed to race - finished 3rd in the world that year and 4th on a Tech3 last year. But too quiet for many people (including Italians) to recognise his outstanding abilities. The guy oozes class.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

seeing as we are around 2s off last years pace, its hard to tell anything

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Make no mistake

Dovi is one of the very best riders out there. Why people have such a negative view of him is beyond me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices