Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso surprised at Ducati speed

Italian Andrea Dovizioso threatened to pull of the first major shock of the 2013 MotoGP world championship in Qatar last night when he battled for a top three position in free practice. The former 125GP world champion put his factory Desmosedici GP13 into the top three in the late stages of last night’s third practice session, which saw the top 10...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Sheenefan

2s off last year's pace?  The front row times are virtually identical to last year's ???

Why are some trying to detract from the job Dovi/Ducati has done this weekend? "Race pace will be no good, track suits the Ducati, track is dirty which is flattering the Ducati, pace is slower than normal so flattering the Ducati" (it isn't slower is it?) The track may be dusty but it is every year, it's no different this year. So if conditions suit the bike this year, what happened in 2011 / 12 with the dusty track? This is the first time since 2010 that a Ducati has figured regularly inside the top 10 and regularly within 1s of pole.

Whatever happens in the race, it's reasonable to assume that they're (particularly Dovi) finding more potential with the bike than it appeared to have from last years results. Whatever the final result tomorrow, Ducati must be encouraged by what's been done during testing and this weekend and surely it's a good start on which to plan ahead for next season. Given the time he spent on the Repsol Honda with only the one win, I've never thought of him as a race winner, a lower podium place was about the best I'd ever have bet on. I still think that, but he's been impressive so far on the GP12.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hey cumbowl, they just shipped all the sand in for this years race to help the ducs you know!

Sand in the desert... what's next? Soon, we'll have Caramello chipping in to buy rides for his favorites!

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

I wonder?

Now your talking crazy Bob, 'Caramello chipping in to buy rides for his favorites!' surely that can never happen?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Watch out for some new Bridgestones soon - on the grounds of safety of course.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

I don't know, I think even Mudguard Ezpeleta is worried his dough is probably tainted with Italian stench!

If the tunnel visioned terror from Cervera doesn't take the limelight soon and Flo can't make the most of his purchased opportunities, who knows who'll be the next to receive the late night knock on the door from ...

Uncle Caramello.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices