Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo will start the first race of 2013 from pole position after seeing off Brit Cal Crutchlow in Q2. Crutchlow again set the fastest lap on his first run in Q2, but after a tyre change Lorenzo set a fastest time of 1:54.714 to beat Crutchlow by 0.202s. Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

I'm no dovi fan

But that's a great result by anyone's standards and must put a smile on his face to be in front of Rossi. B suprised if that's how it ends up come the race. Should b interesting. Go cal! Great performance from him!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

My predictions for tommorow. 1 J-lo 2 Marc m 3 Cal C 4 Valentino r 5 Dani P 6 Dovi A 7 crazy Joe . The bookies are coming to break my legs tommorow .

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Lorenzo pedrosa rossi will be the top 3...not necessarily in that order...crutchlow will crash, dovi will fade back to 6-7, marquez 4th. Rossi may win...dont let his dismal qualifying fool you...he will be battling for the win

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Change that...pedrosa win, rossi second, cal will take out jorge thinking that they are equals racing...thus ensuring no new parts for him all year, and marquez will get third....have at it lads!!!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Just three

Yam's on the podium, and Bradley in 4th, now, there's a thought, lol.

Hey, let's not forget BSB tomorrow as well, Shakey on pole.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

spanish civil war

Think it will be George and Dani 1-2...not sure about 3rd. Wanted to say Marquez, but Stefan and Cal got me wondering.  Rossi better pull the fuckin finger out and stop riding like an old man.  Rock on, Crutchlow...although if he moans any more about the bike he may have to retire and go fishing at end of season.  I'm as impressed by Dovi as I am disappointed by Shoulderz...I mean Elbowz.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Farnarkle

That was funny..... please do it again!!!

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

BSB

Forgot about BSB starting tomorrow, too.  Wish we could get some coverage of it here.  Fat chance...we barely got any SBK coverage this year.  Fuck you Fox and Speed.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Carlos!!! my 2 stroke man!

C'mon my Nederlander..... you just did your predictions off of practice times. Look at the lap analysis my man. Pedro will have to.... and probably will find something in warm up. Other than that Rossi is in a good position for race pace. Jorge will have it if he can get away in the first couple of laps without incident I am sure. If there is an incident (most likely suspect Moto Matador MM or Alvaro I'll say) then Pedro and Rossi will be on for a win. The real unknown quantity is Cal. Crutchlow has been amazing but he did the same in WSBK and couldn't do it for 40 min. So hopefully Cal will get his sh*t together and podium first race. ***** As Bennytherev said, "too much happy slapping" hope Cal can pass??? C'mon Benny it was a good show and Cal did well. The happy slapping from Lorenzo was because Cal put some space between him and the title enemy. Yet as often you do oh Rodent One, you hit the nail ont head. Cal's big problemo last season was making a pass (on Dovi usually) without crashing. Herein lies the test for the great British hope. He has speed but can he get past the hard men??? ***** WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT!!! If they all make it over the line safely (which they probably won't cause they never do) tomorrow it could be insane. Maybe not for the win but there will defo be some seriously fast riding going on in the desert!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Doomeddog; OK it wasn't practice....

You got me on a technicality. Anyway, the analysis says Rossi has Dovi covered.... overnight at least. I like your post. Would love Dovi to upset the apple cart first time out. As Bootlegger said, "Dovi is a FAILURE in qualifying"? Haven't checked that out but much like Abe they let Dovi out of the cage on Sunday and he usually races better than he qualifies. Now that really would start some sh*t wouldn't it??? ***** But the practice runs just don't support a Dovi upset although I (and Benny) would love for him to prove us wrong. ***** Reality is Dovi is the real deal..... Jorge, Dani, and Casey have been the "Aliens" of the past few seasons. Dovi is right in there with Rossi if you only judge Rossi on his past few years. With Casey gone that leaves Rossi and Dovi to slog out 3rd best. Oh.. BTW .... Dovi has had Rossi's number for a couple years now hasn't he?????????? ***** Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle