Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo will start the first race of 2013 from pole position after seeing off Brit Cal Crutchlow in Q2. Crutchlow again set the fastest lap on his first run in Q2, but after a tyre change Lorenzo set a fastest time of 1:54.714 to beat Crutchlow by 0.202s. Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Too much happy slapping with Lorenzo for my liking - I just hope that Crutchlow doesn't hold back if he gets a chance to pass.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

It would appear that the '13 works Yam is no better than the '12 Yam -  however,  the '13 bikes will now move forward with development while the '12 bike will not as it will have to wait for new parts to filter down after the works boys have ok'd them.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

No denying who would get pole at Qatar but the biggest surprise of the day for me was Dovi putting the Ducati on the second row in 4th place not sure either if the Duke has the race pace but great effort makes it more impressive he out qualified his countryman who used to ride that bike I will be stunned if Dovi beats Rossi tomorrow. Bring on the race looking forward to it.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

General failure historically in qualifying

Thats Dovi I'm talking about. Nevermind. I still have no high hopes for Team Red on race night,but I sure as hell expected fireworks from M1#46. Looked like he was spitting his dummy out in the garage after qualy 2. What's new ? Seen that for the past bunch of seasons. Take heart yellow leggers .Red leg developed a fine motorcycle without yellow leg's input over the past couple of seasons and team Red miss him like a hole in the head. I forgot....They are not engineers. Over at Bologna,that bike looked pretty damn fast and planted and its a 2012 issue. HRC ? Looks like a #26/#93 rivalry is already in evidence whilst #6 is set to punish every and any squabble betwixt the two. #35 and #38. Very impressive.

#69 ? Well,#69 as ever,USA market.  #11...Just stay on board and feed into it...another shoulder break is not an option. 

So. Who will win Qatar tomorrow night ? I have no clue and have not placed a bet. Open season and enjoy it. I do reckon a Welkom 2004 revisited is not on the cards. Mind you, as the experts say,write #46 off at your peril.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Talk about pace???

Many comments on here about Dovi's potential race pace. Looking at FP4 analysis Rossi will almost certainly have Dovi covered. Out of all 7 of Dovi's complete laps he managed 3 mid to high 56's and of Rossi's 10 laps he did 8 very tight mid 56's. Very tidy indeed!

Great to see so much support for Ducati and respect for Dovi's performance tonight. Dovi is and always has been a "cool" character. No show biz, no arm waving, no ego. Just races. Good luck to him, 9 thou away from a front row though! That would of shocked a lot of people to the floor. Ha ha. Qatar is an odd bod so it shall be more interesting what Dovi can do a few races into the season.

Alas web warriors it is only practice, roll on race day now please! Be a bit hard for Rossi to see that Duke right in front of him when they line up tomorrow.... For the Rossi fans... by the end of the night he should be ok??? 

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Success!

Talk of the paddock - Dovi. Well up there unexpectedly, or expectedly as he is good at jumping from bike to bike (with a bit of help from Ducati's balancing act of moving small components around). Damp squib of the meeting - Rossi (something to do with a duff tyre?). Never mind, he qualied 8th here in 2004. Wonder where he came in the race?

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

No, it wasn't practice

it was qualifying where hot laps were set and many implied it would all be downhill for Ducati once the "G.O.A.T" left. Yes there is the important matter of a race to complete but fourth on the grid and ahead of number 46 is impressive and something that was never going to happen - according to some anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Interesting grid

The holeshot may be the most intriguieng point of the race. No doubt Dani will do the usual,but with Dovi on the right side of the track behind George,a blast of Desmo will provide entertainment heading into turn 1. Hope no one sweeps their grid spot....heh heh! Sete will probably watching this one with a jaundiced eye.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

right, so by wosi's logic

the fact that dovi is over 1.7s faster than his compatriot's time on the ducati last year is irrefutable proof of superiority. He might have a point you know.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Rossi is sandbagging

Just using QP to do a race simulation. 

Anyway, Dovi just used the Ducati amazing power to blast past on the straights, I mean, have you seen the speed difference? That Ducati is at least 15 kph faster than the Yamahas; oh, it's actually SLOWER?  Then it's the Bridgestone specials, just get Rossi on a decent tyre and watch him slay the field. Same tyres? that can't be right.  Must be the super-advanced Ducati electronics, all Dovi has to do is twist his wrist while Rossi has to keep feeding lumps of coal into the boiler on his bike. 

OK, it's a Dorna plot designed to make Rossi look bad.  There was a man with a gun on the grassy knoll. The dog ate his homework.  The shoulder flared up again and spontaneously combusted.  Lorenzo put sugar in his tank, bring back the wall.  Anyway, there was a timing error.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices