Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso only 0.009s from shock front row MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso only 0.009s from shock front row

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso only 0.009s from shock front row

Jorge Lorenzo might have snatched the first pole position of 2013 out of the grasp of British rider Cal Crutchlow, but performance of the night in a new qualifying format went to factory Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso. The Italian came within 0.009s of pulling off a major upset to finish fourth and just off the front row at the Losail International...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 11:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

This time around NH finished 24 seconds behind the winner honestly I reckon its time Nick got off that thing and get himself a better ride compared to what he is on know.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Panny

I know where Hayden finished, the comparison was to Rossi

As I said before, more than once, did I say the Ducati was going to win, or that it would finish in front of Rossi? No. If you say I did then quote it.

What I said was that they seem to have made improvements, borne out by the practise and qualifying laps. If you remember, Rossi couldn't get near those times in practise or qualifying and complained that with a new rear tyre he had too much grip which exaggerated the front end understeer, hence his poor qualifying positions. Dovi was happy with the feel of the bike with the new tyres and had better feel than when he first rode it, no complaints of understeer, therefore that's improvement. Now thay have to sort out how to get that same feel on worn tyres too.

If you don't think that is moving forwards in one area is a sign of improvement, that's up to you.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

bultoboy

Remember also that the track was far better this year compared to last.
Anyway its irrelevant because all the Ducati riders realise theres a big problem with the bike even although you think its improving.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Ducati+Team+riders+accept+the+reality

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

OPanny

I've no idea what your point is. Yes the bike has had a problem for a long time, no it isn't fixed. But, they seem to have made improvements to the feel of the bike with new tyres and Dovi's lap times support that, as do his comments. Rossi said new tyres made it worse.

Track better or not, who knows, but the race time and quali times were virtually identical for Lorenzo

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

get a grip

My point is the bike still cannot be consistent throughout a race.It has still the same major problem as before and no matter how good Dovi is the bike is still fkn useless over race distance.
He may have the bike suited to his size and style now but that is the only improvement that has been made.
He can qualify on pole but it wont do him any good.
Get it now?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices