Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium

British rider Cal Crutchlow believes it will be tough for him to score the third MotoGP podium of his career in tonight’s opening race of 2013 in Qatar. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider will start from the front row of the grid for the floodlit season opener after he finished the new 15-minute qualifying format in second position behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Bart...

... he said "there are a good six or seven guys that seem to be able to run the same pace." but only "six guys that can be in the fight for" the podium... for us morons that can continue reading to the end of the article.

My earlier comment was tongue-in-cheek BTW... typical of what some people here would say.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Hedgey ...

... Yamaha put Lorenzo on the worst bike? When have I said that? You're making things-up now. I said that Lorenzo set his best times on the new bike that Rossi doesn't like, and that Rossi's bike is close in spec to Crutchlow's. What bit don't you understand?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

benny and bartman

Benny well put...the bikes have not moved on by light years...its not like hes on an 800. And yes 2013 frame is still undecided. Rossi in06 went back to 05 frame from lemans on( too bad his motor blew while leading pedrosa by 7seconds...those 25 point would have helped in valencia!!) as the 06 frame had horrible chatter with a full tank. So ya i would say being on last years title winning bike is a good place to be Bartman....fuckoff...if you had been following the other stories you would have heard cal say he would like to stay with pedrosa and lorenzo during the race....not rossi. Add to that this comment about 6 riders and the backhanded insult by saying im sure yamaha would rather have their factory bikes at the top and a picture develops quite clearly. Cal thinks he should be on rossis bike and rossi should be on his. A couple of fast laps does not make cal into rossi...rossi is still feeling his way after the confidence destroying 2 years; he is being methodical; there hasnt been a lot of dry testing, but rossi will remember. So dont talk about things you know nothing about...you are just trying to stick your tongue up the ass of the rossi haters so they will like you...wanker

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

You said... "Yamaha still can't decide if the 2013 bike is better"... I think I understood that fully & interpreted it correctly... I'm not putting words in your mouth 'cos that is what you said... you have now embellished that somewhat without adding anything of value to your statement... he's on a 2012 bike that Rossi, who you're saying is closest to his spec, has qualified 7th on, while the 2013 bike is on pole.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Stop being boring Hedgey. Try to add something of value - of interest even.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The spec of Cal's bike changes every time some pundit or commentator or reporter mentions it.

The latest offering of what he's riding gives him the frame Lorenzo started 2012 with, not the one they finished with. Plus Lorenzo's Valencia 2012 engine. Before that they said it was the Lorenzo engine with the Tech3 2012 frame - presumably different from the one Lorenzo began 2012 with. Cal said it was his 2012 Tech3 bike with Lorenzo's Valencia engine.

Rossi is on the final 2012 frame / first 2013 - so he and Cal are on different bikes. Lorenzo has been using the latest 2013 frame

Who cares, whatever it is, it isn't factory spec, that's all there is to it.

Hey VFR - you tell someone they don't know what they're talking about but say this yourself. How can you know what Rossi is doing and what Cal is thinking?

Add to that this comment about 6 riders and the backhanded insult by saying im sure yamaha would rather have their factory bikes at the top and a picture develops quite clearly. Cal thinks he should be on rossis bike and rossi should be on his. A couple of fast laps does not make cal into rossi...rossi is still feeling his way after the confidence destroying 2 years; he is being methodical; there hasnt been a lot of dry testing, but rossi will remember.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I don't know what cals been smoking but I'll be surprised if there's more than 2 or 3 fighting for the actual win. Hope he's right though, what was Casey saying about all the fun going out of motogp.??. You shoulda stayed Casey it's never looked better.. ps does anyone think that Dovi and Hayden have the same package?? Make no mistake ducati's whole reputation is on the line this year, looks like they've pushed through all of Rossi requests now Presiozi has gone....:-D

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well Nick did say after qualifying the setups to his bike and Dovi are very similar but said he will have to check his team-mates data all I want to see is if Ducati have made any progress post Rossi era bring on the race.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

6?

lets just say six plus cal make 7.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Rossi will be a DNF at Spies corner .... Just for laughs. Lets just hope he doesn't take out another decent rider when his ambition starts to outweigh his ability ..... Again .... Just throwing it out there for laughs:)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices