Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow predicts tough fight to score third podium

British rider Cal Crutchlow believes it will be tough for him to score the third MotoGP podium of his career in tonight’s opening race of 2013 in Qatar. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider will start from the front row of the grid for the floodlit season opener after he finished the new 15-minute qualifying format in second position behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

and

Mind reading is not possible....but using logic and patterns to determine future events is...i know all your predictions are "after the fact", but that doesnt mean that the rest of us cant make intelligent predictions based on present info...as I did...i predicted rossi to finish second as I knew if he got a whiff of a podium...during a race...he would pounce. I was right because I can asses patterns based on character and past performances...its a guess, but an educated one...unlike your angry foolish nonsense based on what you wish would happen. Recognizing patterns is not mindreading though it does take some intelligence...angry bandwagon wishing is something else entirely...lets see who is more accurate at the end of the year...your angry hopeful guesses or my pattern related fact sifted guesses. Im up by at least 2 already...1-rossi is better than crutchlow, and 2-rossi as the cagey veteran will pounce when it matters but not before

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

panny

Yes pedrosa is awesome and will be back...not in austin but in the 8 races that follow that...i hope he can win the title this year...he is one of the greatest for sure, but without the crown noone will believe it...look at mamola...runner up several times but no one remembers how close he came...

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

He he he...as per separate post...that was a wind up that went well and truly wrong wasn't it! Fair play toRossi...can honestly say I didn't expect him on the podium but happy to see him there as it means there really is one more rider fighting for wins which equals better racing to watch. If only Casey had stayed we'd be seeing all of the answers we need.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VRF

What drugs are you on. Your first comment is utter garbage and an utterly skewed view. I said Rossi couldn't ride the Ducati to it's full potential, which he couldn't and didn't. It has a front end problem which the whole world has long known about, including me. Not what you're alluding to.

You also suggest, like a lot of others that Rossi is the only rider who can pass another. Me saying Lorenzo would have done the same is not insulting Rossi, so no idea where you dreamt that up from. Didn't Lorenzo go from about 6th to 1st at Silverstone last year? Or is that different?

As for your remarkable perception and ability to analyse, there are 4 full factory bikes so Rossi should be finishing 4th at worst and should not have a satellite bike in front of him. Given the handful that the Hondas looked all weekend, it wasn't inconceivable that they might not hold their pace to the end of the race, so yes Rossi should have had a good shot at a podium - having been fortunate not to take himself and one or two others out at the start of the race with a wild attempt at moving up a place. Imagine if anyone else had performed that move.

Crutchlow is going to need the entire universe to align to get a podium on that bike if the 4 factory bikes don't disappear from a race. He rode superbly last night but both Hondas and Rossi's M1 breezed past him on the straight. In the ned, his run on probably cost him nothing in terms of a place although taking Pedrosa may have been a faint possiblity for 4th. When did I say he was better than Rossi? Another of your skewed views. He isn't but there is very little between them - what could Cal have done on the factory bike? The area that Rossi stands out is the way he takes a line from the corner before the corner he makes a pass at. He's always been good in that respect. Could Cal have done the same with a bit more go in the motor? Who knows.

As for the end of the season I have no idea how you think you can see who is right out of the two of us - seeing as I haven't tried to predict anything....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices