Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

Double world champion Jorge Lorenzo dominated the opening race of the 2013 season to take victory by almost six seconds. Lorenzo got a great start and eased ahead of the field quickly. Dani Pedrosa also got a good start off the front row of the grid and spent a lot of the race in secod place until he was overtaken by new team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 21:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

The boot's on the other foot

It used to be Rossi the reigning champion and Lorenzo the up & coming lad. Now the roles have changed. Let's see how Lorenzo behaves with a real threat to his dominance birthed right next to him. The Pedroza vs Marquez hostilities have definitely started, with DPed refusing to share racing lines with MMar and ruining his qualifying run. Rossi came out the loser in his 1st spat w/ JLo, bet DPed loses out big time vs MMar in the Honda paddock. I recognize DPed's ability on the track, but he's not champion material, IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
ecladent

Jan 13

ecladent says:

Same for Lorenzo, I suspect he'll be tempted to take Rossi out rather than concede a place to him; next race couldn't come soon enough!

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

I shot my load in my yellow panties

Gotta love a tryer...'cus no one likes a quitter.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

What more could you ask for

I hope this is what we are going to see this season? The Hondas fast in a straight line and Yamaha fastest in a circle. You can see it all happening on track, brilliant. You got to love Rossi. He certainly adds to the show.

Reply to this Topic
ecladent

Jan 13

ecladent says:

Thought it looked a bit funny...

Rossi also said that his brake lever protector saved him. Touched Pedrosa's rear tire. Without it? "For sure I crash" Gotta love Italian pithy comments!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Good race... for a distant second unfortunately!

Now why couldn't Flo do it on the duc like Stoner could? It's a real pity that he shattered the myth and proved to himself it's all about the bike.

So all those that reckon Crutchlows bike has the same engine as the factory bikes, care to comment?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Fantastic race by top 4... Lorenzo walked away, but rossi may have battled him if he didnt stand the bike up to avoid dani...yet another class act. I think those two lean years have given rossi his fire back...a slow steady decline is worse on the psche than an abrubt decline followed by an abrupt incline again. Having to ride that piece of shit has made rossi able to exploit the values of a good bike again. He is as excited as marquez just to be able to fight again...that gives him his killer instinct back. If he had have stayed with yamaha, he might not have been able to remember the rush that comes with the possibility of a podium...he would only be thinking of the disappointment of losing that podium...much different mindset...the battle with marquez was amazing and shows his passion is still there...marquez will beat him too, but rossi knows he can still fight and win, and that is huge...definitely see a rossi victory this year now...and not just in "special circumstances"...mugello anyone?...or maybe even jerez

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

talent like rossi's

doesn't disappear overnight.

Jorge is incredibly hard to beat though, on the same or a different bike. He just does not make errors, and even valentino will need to nail practice and nail the first couple of laps to beat him.

My thanks to jorge and valentino for exploding another massive bike advantage myth, btw.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Doohanfan, glad to see you have erased 2011/12 from your memory judging by your last sentence.

As you are generally a sensible contributor, how's your view on the factory/non-factory yams? Pretty clear to me the blue bikes difference on the straights to the Honda was negligible unlike the Tech3 bike. Cal justified to be desperate for more factory support in my opinion of course but a clear overall disadvantage doesn't create classic moments in ANY sport.

Now can anyone tell me how the Honda is the best bike out there cause I'm failing to understand how that opinion is formed given yesterday and the last half dozen years of GP?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

if honda had an advantage

I don't think it was massive, I think the 2011 bike still had a raw edge and needed some riding, and it is hard to know what the relativity of the bikes was in the second half of the 2012 season, since jorge had the championship in the bag if he settled for second and didn't crash, and dani had nothing to lose by going for it; he in fact binned it at PI in the end when he was in a position to have a vague chance at the championship.

I can't see Yamaha giving cal a bike equal to the factory bikes except in unusual circumstances, such as needing him to take points from honda late season if the championship is tight; they not infrequently in the past haven't even given their second factory rider the good gear.

(EDIT  I am not sure we are in disagreement Bob).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices