Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

Double world champion Jorge Lorenzo dominated the opening race of the 2013 season to take victory by almost six seconds. Lorenzo got a great start and eased ahead of the field quickly. Dani Pedrosa also got a good start off the front row of the grid and spent a lot of the race in secod place until he was overtaken by new team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 21:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well...

Great ride from JL... Rossi could have been battling with him but I think his mastakes in qualifying compounded the mistake trying to make that up & scuppered his chances... great & surprising ride though... funny to see him on a Ducati again so soon. MM stayed on & kept battling... a lot more to come from him. Pedrosa?

Tech 3 will be looking at Rossi's data for sure... Cal was being left for dead on that straight every lap by the Hondas where Rossi lost nothing. If the bikes are that close in spec then it has to be set-up or something Cal's doing wrong coming out of the corner. A good ride from him but he can't afford mistakes like that... it was like he didn't know Rossi was there & he didn't have Rossi's pace to make up the gap.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

eldiablo

what makes you think you are so special? not seeing any logical post's about gp racing by yourself much.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

What a race

What a race. I'm a Rossi fan, so enjoyed it. Not so sure he would have had the better of JL without the early mistake. Whatever your persuasion, you cannot deny that MotoGP suddenly became a lot more exciting to watch again (notwithstanding JL romping home for the win). Ducati, clearly, a long way to go -but Dovi impressive. Pedrosa, what happened? I was sure he was on for a good one. Cal's bike -what a pile of shit! Oh and Spies -I know he is injured, but it's not looking good is it :-( Keen for the season!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

results

as far as the results go and reading your posts, well nostro may have gone on holiday?

the yamaha looking good but the best package? i doubt it, jorge does his homework,rossi still learning the bike and put in a heroic ride but looked relieved to me,and we all would be after the past 2 seasons he has had, dovi give a good first few laps then realised "oh shit its the bike again as did rossi", dont wanna crash and still that front end looks like it wants to fold to me, (see casey stoner for that one dude), as for cal the honda's are fast yes but dp and mm also weigh less than cal wihich gives them a slight advantage but did rossi care? no he just used his tryes well when worn and re-grouped, crutchlow is gonna feel a factory bike is needed but he rode harder than the rest out there imo and not another satalite bike in site?

great first race and congrats to redding for fighting with pol,its coming son.

do any of you armchair fans actually ride bike? just a theory?

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

ow01fogno1/ride, race a bike?

I used to ride at a national level (Superstock), here in South Africa. Certainly would not consider myself an expert, just a fan.. anyone else?

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

keep it clean

Is it really necessary to use such profanity to explain your point?

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Good first race

First of all Lorenzo dominating the race and then just backing off and cruising for the last 20mins of it. I guess the pressure of the title has gone for him for a little while anyway. Rossi proving all the haters wrong with a strong performance and probably did the best of what could have been expected of him. Marquez proved me wrong, I expected him to be extremely quick (which he was) followed by a spectacular crash, which he came close to but it didnt come. Pedrosa must be cursing his luck with teammates! Cal Was unlucky as he ended up stuck between a rock and hard place with the 2hondas, even if he had passed one he would have just got stuck behind the other. Then just get blasted past on the straight again, I think he knew that too and was just trying/hoping for them to make a mistake. Shouldn't be too hard on himself anyway for keeping up with the factory Hondas. Finally I see Spies is picking up where he left of last season by fighting the CRTs. And to thing that ride could have gone to Redding or Pol instead.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

ED73......

.... what are you going on about? This is the MotoGP forum? If you want to talk like that, go on a different page where launguage is expected. Surely, we as fans and as adults can come on here and chat about the sport rather than read rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Cal just has to accept.....

.... that he's on a Satellite bike and not a factory one. If and when Yamaha start to pass on updated parts and software to Tech3 he'll be further up the field. It's a shame as he was brilliant during the winter and in FP/Qualifying but the bike's race pace won't allow him to ride that hard for 40 mins. Hopefully Yamaha will pass on these bits and bobs in order to keep Big Red behind...... We shall see!

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

But as a fan of HRC.....

..... I hope they don't start raiding the parts bin and posting off special gubbins to Tech3!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle