Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

Double world champion Jorge Lorenzo dominated the opening race of the 2013 season to take victory by almost six seconds. Lorenzo got a great start and eased ahead of the field quickly. Dani Pedrosa also got a good start off the front row of the grid and spent a lot of the race in secod place until he was overtaken by new team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 21:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so el diablo

fallen red/orange fans referred to fans of dovi and marquez did it?

I have never been an anti -rossi fan and having watched gp bike racing for the last decade( and decades before) fully expected him to be competitive back on a yamaha as my posts before the race including after he finished 7th in practice indicate.

What is amusing is to watch you continue to post in the same fashion for which you criticise others, the different object of your derision apparently justifying this. I am not suggesting that you stop, as I said I find it entertaining.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

MIA

Funny you should mention missing in action - seems a lot of posters on here today have been missing in action for some time, or so was thought. Seems they just slyly drifted away and kept their heads down, avoiding the flack during the worst of hostilities. Now they think it's safe once more they've emerged from their hidy holes full of bravado and bullets.

Should be shot for desertion and leaving Wosi to fight a rearguard on his own.

Speaking of whom, was yesterday too much for the poor old boy - strangely and very uncharacteristically quiet..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Rev

Do you think that if Cal had got away behind Lorenzo he could have run with him or close enough and kept just out of reach of the two Hondas long enough to make a break from them? Or would they have been on him anyway within a lap or two down the straight. I'd like to think the former, as he probably could have run quicker times in clear air (or behind Lorenzo)  than he was able to bottled up behind them around the back of the circuit. But I don't think he could have pulled enough of a gap in one lap to stop the pass down the straight.

Ultimately though, it's hard to fault what he did, even the mistake when Rossi passed him probably didn't cost him a place in the end, although had he not made it, there is a faint possibility he may have taken Pedrosa who seemed to struggle more than the rest in the last few laps.

A tremendous ride nonetheless, given his bike spec and the difference in performance to the factory bikes was evident when Rossi steamed by him on the straight. One of Rossi's better strengths is the lines he takes from the corner before the corner he makes a pass at. I wonder if the lower spec of Cal's engine hindered him trying to find a way past the Honda's on the short straights around the back of the circuit. Rossi got punch out of corners to comfortably get alongside the Honda into the corner to make a pass, Cal couldn't get near. Lines or lack of power or a bit of both...?

One thing that probably won't happen - Yamaha giving him better parts as they won't want him interfering with the two factory riders...  Realistically, 5th is his best hope this year without unfortunate circumstances affecting the 4 factory bikes but he can take heart from comfortably out-pacing the other satellite teams yesterday - but he won't...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Diablo

Try and grow up

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Diablo

Isn't it enough that you are enjoying some of he best racing in history. Isn't it also enough that Rossi has shown he is the GOAT. Isn't it enough that all those nasty bastards that said the nasty shit about Rossi are now totally miserable because of Rossi's riding brilliance. Those Rossi haters are more miserable because of Rossi and his riding than you could ever make them with your comments. ps Does anyone still say that the POS ducati is still a good bike.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Bulto ...

... no-one can say for sure and it's pretty academic now anyway, but getting to the first corner in second place would certainly of given Crutchlow a better opportunity of a good result. Would the Honda's of been close enough at the end of lap 1 to of had a go at him? Probably not in my view because Crutchlow would have been able to have used Lorenzo's slip-stream to stay ahead. 

Any ideas on why Crutchlow thought it would be a good thing to use the uneven track-side kerbing to out-brake Rossi? Bad, unforced error.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I am very definitely

a stoner fan el diablo, but time being generally linear in my personal experience was a Doohan fan first.

I make no claim to being unbiased (this obviously only co-exists with rossi fandom), but as I said am not an anti-Rossi fan, although I begin to understand why some on this site became so.

It tickles my sense of irony (I don't know the Spanish word for that, perhaps you should look it up) that you behave in exactly the same fashion you deplore in others.

I am more than happy to discuss current issues in what is shaping up as an interesting year, and will applaud Rossi if he wins the championship as does not seem entirely unlikely. Meanwhile if every second post in the post-race threads mentions Stoner in concert with claims as to the paucity of Stoner fans in said threads, I am a Stoner fan and am happy to play.

Rossi's performance was very promising particularly given the historical precedent of how he worked into the season with new tyres etc after finishing 5th at Qatar in 2008, as I and others have said.  I don't need to speculate what would have happened had Stoner  finished 5.5 seconds behind Lorenzo though, given that Stoner finishing 3.5 seconds behind him last year was called abject failure by you guys and any explanations or comments concerning the race condemned as puerile excuse making.  

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You were watching a different race Benny, wouldn't have mattered how close Cal was to the Hondas...

or factory m1's for that matter. A little bullshit is fun but ignoring what's in front of your eyes isn't gonna do your 'reputation' any favours. Having to reclose that gap every lap costs a lot of energy/concentration/tyre over a race.

All snakes and no ladders for Cal if they're gonna keep giving him this level of equipment.

Reply to this Topic
MissingInAction

Apr 13

doohanfan

I don’t know what it is, but every time I read one of your posts I feel the futility of life closing in on me like some dark, oppressive cloud of despair.

I'm not sure I'll make it to the CotA round.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Ah Bob ...

.... dear old Bob. Oh how I wish I had your vision? Is it true what they say about your crystal balls Bob? The truth is that no-one knows and we're all guessing - your past guesses have been wrong Bob, which if why I doubt your word. Sorry Bob.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices