Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates season opener

Double world champion Jorge Lorenzo dominated the opening race of the 2013 season to take victory by almost six seconds. Lorenzo got a great start and eased ahead of the field quickly. Dani Pedrosa also got a good start off the front row of the grid and spent a lot of the race in secod place until he was overtaken by new team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 April 2013 21:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MissingInAction

Apr 13

It's okay DF

I was only joking. I'll make it to CotA.

Reply to this Topic
MissingInAction

Apr 13

Good point Bob

Having to reclose that gap every lap costs a lot of energy/concentration/tyre over a race.

Just ask the Yamaha and Honda riders in 2007.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

hence

my deleting my previous post in reply to you MIA. I certainly don't want to discourage someone possessed of an actual sense of humour from posting.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

It's all about balance isn't it....for two years we've had a stack of Casey Stoner fans gloating on an English website with only the Diehard Rossi fans keeping the Italian dream alive.... Now Casey is gone and Valentino is back in form a lot of pro Casey fans have left and a huge host of Italian supporters are back on the English website (supporting their countryman of course).....all of which have been silent the last two years. But that's normal isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sounds rather like

an admission of defeat el diablo.

If you think I have been pretending not to be a stoner fan you are even less perceptive than I had thought. What do you think I have been arguing with wosi about these several months? I suppose though that I must have watched Doohan for all those years to add verisimilitude to any future dangerous trolling I might wish to undertake on Motogp forums, even though internet forums or indeed the internet and motogp did not exist at the time; perhaps I have been involved in  time in a non-linear fashion without knowing it.

I have detected some duplicity in you as it happens, as you purport to be engaging in light hearted banter, whilst taking offence at what from my point of view if not yours are replies in kind.

If considering Stoner to have been the best rider and a well deserved champion in his 2 championship years, and the trenchant criticism of his efforts for Ducati subsequent to 2007 unjustified makes me a Rossi hater then I guess I will have to plead guilty.  

In regard to the aforementioned Doohan, he conceded Rossi to be his superior in the last year or so when he was widely quoted concerning  Rossi's persistence at the very pinnacle at the sport for over a decade, something he said he himself was unable to manage. Neither I nor Stoner himself consider Stoner to be Doohan's superior.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

El Diablo ...

... a very good point in my humble opinion and one for which I have long carried the torch. 

MCN is 'supposed to be' the best mag in the world, but has turned into Bob's emergency loo roll instead. Look, I'm all for 'biggin-up' riders (as some like to call it), but fail to see what good it does if said riders don't respond positively and up-their-game - like Crutchlow hasn't. 

The whole 'MCN & British Riders' approach needs to be revisited and re-thought. It's yielded nothing but dashed hopes, failed riders (excluding WSBK which MCN pays only lip-service to) and big profits for MCN's owners.

Some folk buy MCN - others buy Andrex.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I think

el diablo that you would probably do well to drink less red bull, or I guess perhaps in your case  monster energy drinks.

My Rossi hatred is obviously deeply subtle, involving as it does recognising rather than  denigrating his achievements. If Rossi hating extends to refusing to acquiesce to denigration of the achievements of other riders, then I am guilty as charged as I have said.  

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

who cares

dont drop a dumpbell on your maggot.muhahahaha

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Diablo buddy you need to chill out...I supported stoner as he is an Aussie and calls it as it is. I also support Bryan Staring for the same reason. Mind you I can't see him on the podium for a while (unless a plane crashes into the front of the grid!). I'd also be very happy to see Cal on the top step. Seeing Rossi on the top step wouldn't phase me at all...if he's on the top step he deserves to be there unless he deliberately took someone out to get there (and that would apply to any rider including Stoner when he gets bored of the hard tops). Could you say the same as a motorbike racing fan? Just curious.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Btw....I googled El Diablo 73... Oh how I laughed.....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices