Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in”

Six months after badly injuring his right shoulder in a Malaysian Grand Prix crash, Ben Spies gritted his teeth to get through a gruelling Ducati debut inside the top 10 in Qatar last night. Tenth is nothing to write home about but given the lack of strength Spies is still suffering in the slowly recovering shoulder, he said his Losail International...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 09:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Go back to WSB, let espargaro or redding move up and take the gp14 ride next year!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Brave ride from Spies - hopefully a tipping-point.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Look inside bro...

I hope he regains some normality this year and continues pushing.  Certainly a fast rider when in the right mindset - well confident rider = fast rider.  If he has another season like last year, he may very well end up back in WSB... or AMA again.  Either way, be happy Ben.  Nowt worse than waking up and dreading your job.  Especially when it's a 'dream job'!  If you're sharing Dovi's data... make the most of it.  Roll on Austin.  In Ben's back yard... (let's hope he isn't the lone star).  Go on fella.  Hammer down.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Very, very nice ...

... this is where the cool guys are hanging - bring on the chicks!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

MotoGP isn't the place to be making a recovery if it takes as long as Spies says.

Not fair to the team and potentially dangerous for everyone, times up!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Theres no doubt in my mind he is fast but can he get his mental abillity back up where it was when he came to moto gp. Good luck Ben, if its not your year there is no shame in going back to WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

something not right...

Ever since I first saw spies I had the feeling something was not quite right. A little too quiet. A little too cool. After seeing videos of his mother in the pit box I got my answer. On one occassion the mother didn't realise the camera was there and I saw the over protective behaviour. You have to let the boy go sometime...

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

class tider but he needs to take a leaf out of todelands books and retire before he ends up with a permanant disability in his shoulder

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Heal up ben and get back into world super bikes!! On a competitive machine and then lets see how you used to ride!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Top 10 finish.

Hats off to Ben for staying out to collect six championship points a 10th place finish I know its not the best position to finish in but given what has happened I'd have to say its an good start what will be more interesting is when he is full recovered a tight battle with his team-mate and the works Ducati riders not suppose to say this know but I will I think he has one eye on Hayden's ride.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices