Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez storms to debut MotoGP rostrum MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez storms to debut MotoGP rostrum

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez storms to debut MotoGP rostrum

Marc Marquez played a starring role in the opening MotoGP race of 2013 in Qatar last night, the Spanish rookie claiming a stunning top three finish on his premier class debut. Seventh on lap one after a poor start from the back of the second row, Marquez produced an impressive early charge to stick his Repsol Honda RC213V into the top...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 09:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Dani out, Redding in but you know it will be an Espargaro that comes in.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@Aussie

That's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is. First and foremost I would expect it to go with a rider with current Repsol backing, or currently on a Honda, but it's not impossible that it will go to an outsider. I'm not convinced by Bradl or Bautista, but they are safe choices if nothing else. For pure speed Cal is obviously the fastest, but he's not such an accomplished racer.

One of the Espagaros maybe? Johnny Rea? Whoever it is will have to get used to being trampled all over by Marquez, so it's also possible Honda may not mind going for someone who's an obvious 'number 2'.

Poor old Dani, he really didn't look too happy after the race. I think the guy deserves one MotoGP championship in his life, but it feels like he's destined to never get it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nice ride by MM

A solidly impressive debut where he did appear to ride within himself just enough to make sure of a podium.

Yet on the back of this race Pedrosa is washed up and Yamaha's nr.2 is back? Ha, ha, fools.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

nostro

your really pathetic.
most on here will agree I think?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@panny

advice: don't feed the trolls, attention is their life-blood

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Fantastic debut from MM and so glad to see he really was thrilled and genuinely enjoyed the battle with Rossi and no sulking afterwards....just a proper racer. Let's hope him and Dani don't get in each others way.....but something tells me they might.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Very rarely do I comment on the Moto GP section but I've got to say MM was brilliant. Definately the new Stoner, although without the sulky attitude. From the race yesterday, I've got to say, I think Moto GP will be worth watching this year, and well done to Cal for a blinding ride. Bet he's glad he lost the Ducati ride!! That leaves Dovi the rest of the season trying to sort the handling out for the next mug!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

nostro

what did you think of rossis first race back on the yam ?.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Nostro

The road to Perdition is littered with tortured souls - seek redemption before it's too late!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Marquez a future champ for sure...its great that he got to race against the real rossi and so could see what all the hype is about. Rossi-marquez represents 3 generations of racers...is ther any other rider that has been able to fight against the next generation(stoner lorenzo pedrosa) as well as the generation after that?( marquez and bradl)...even in the golden era, lawson was getting beat up by rainey and co, who were the equivalent of stoner and co...i guess in that analogy doohan would be like marquez( if rossi is lawson...), but lawson was finished by 1990 so never really challenged the next gen...let alone the next next gen. That makes rossi pretty special....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices