Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Rossi @ LS was over the limit.

No question about that but that one race turned a season that could easily have gone Stoner's way. A bit like Ali and the Rope-a-dope. He would have got destroyed if he tried to punch it out with George Foreman but he found a way to win. This is what champions do.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Chupa...

"one race turned a season that could easily have gone Stoner's way. A bit like Ali and the Rope-a-dope"

... & in 2006 Rossi was battling for the championship... in the penultimate race Elias beat Rossi by 0.002 of a second costing him 5 points... 5 points that would have made him champion. Elias knew he could do it to Rossi & Rossi knew how dangerously (in his view) Elias could ride. In his head, wary of a rider he considered to be reckless, or just plain beaten? I don't care either way... but you could argue all day about it if you wanted to (& no doubt someone will)... as you say, we're talking about things that happened a long time ago... you are now... I didn't bring this up.

Most things you want to throw at Stoner you can find in Rossi's career... even punching... he performed brilliantly at the weekend... leave it there & let those who've left stay in the past.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Let's not forget..

..Cal is on a satellite bike and the 4 guys in front of him are all factory riders. His race craft needs work, there's no denying that, but on paper 5th was as good as it was going to get..

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Yep CHR, Cal can put a move on as good as the rest of them.  Just ask Dovi.  But he (like the other top flight guys) were shown a masterclass by Valé on Sunday (surprised?  Not as much as Dani or Marc). 

Cal's good for the show and his banter with Matt on the grid always raise a chucklke - he has a glint in his eye and doesn't take himself as serious as the Jorgés & Danis.  We know he's on an inferior machine which makes him a hero for keeping up with the HRC Missles.  He doesn't need to point out the straight disadvantage or inferior machinery though... we can see it.  He is a determined fella and can win a bigger following by motoring up when he needs to and thinking a little more in front of the cameras.  He's learning all the time.  High hopes for Cal this season.  Oh, this post was about Rossi - didn't he just prove he IS motoGP?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

With each passing season

It becomes more apparent just how fortuitous the world nr.6 was in years gone by with his happy triumverate of best bike, weaker opposition and Uncle Carmelo in his corner.

The reality is he could not race a difficult motorcycle anywhere near the winners circle in normal circumstances. Pampering did not prepare him well for the ultimate test at which he failed abysmally - his Ducati years.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Ho,ho,ho ...

... sorry to interrupt your satellite banter, but it's necessary to throw in a factory fact here.

'Cal can put a move on as good as the rest of them. Just ask Dovi.' says Shawn, to which I respond 'Really? ...'. Factory guy passed Crutchlow within a few yards of the start and was still on the back wheel at the time!!!! Class. 

There's a report of it and a post-race interview with Dovimeister on a German website (see link). The first thing that Dovi asked after the race was 'How is Crutchlow, I must speak to him'

Seems that the Desmo was a little fierce getting off the line (Dovi's first start on the thing) and by the time the front wheel came back down, Dovi was infront. But the bike kicked sharply over to the right on landing,  and Dovi feared that he may of touched Crutchlow. He wanted to explain and apologise - but that's the kind of cool, factory guy that Dovi is. Class. 

Of course, I blame Crutchlow entirely for the near-miss - why can't he get his starts right? He's had 3 seasons on the same bike to perfect the technique - he really should of have learned how to do it by now.

http://www.speedweek.de/MotoGP/news/35809/Dovizioso-Ducati-frisst-im-Rennen-die-Reifen.html

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
scorparider

Jan 10

scorparider says:

nostro

I very rarely comment on these threads, I just enjoy reading the banter ( both gentle and aggressive ) between you all, but I have to say Nostro - you are a complete tosser

Reply to this Topic
scorparider

Jan 10

scorparider says:

nostro

I very rarely comment on these threads, I just enjoy reading the banter ( both gentle and aggressive ) between you all, but I have to say Nostro - you are a complete tosser

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

When rossi came in the big class he found  a NSR which development by Doohan-Honda and he could ride the perfect bike.He was the only rider that had this bike.

And if you remember the V5 RCV  was millions km far from NSR and M1.He was the only that had this bike.

Barros-Capirossi passed him with old NSR in all corners and he repassed them in the straigth.

The Rossi's  champioships with  Honda's gift to him.

Only the first championship with Yamaha deserve congratulations.

The Ducati years saw us that is great rider only with top bike.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Shawno..

..I would hazard a guess that Cal's machinations are designed to influence his paymasters ( Yamaha ) and not for our benefit. He's having to push harder than the factory boys and he wants to illustrate to Jarvis and above what he could do if he had top machinery..I'm with you regarding his banter on the grid, he's a rebel in amongst the corporate suits..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices