Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have to say glm

you are wrong about Rossi on the Honda 500.

The Nastro Azzurro Honda team was certainly heavily factory backed as JB's involvement indicates, but Alex Criville on the official factory team had very full backing , he just did disastrously badly with what he was given. I think 2000 was intended by Honda to be a development year for Rossi, but he demonstrated certainly by midseason he was their present as well as their future rather than Criville. I think the Nastro Azzurro set-up he had for his first 2 years in the premier class ended up being Valentino's preferred way, but I don't think this was by Honda's design.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Rev..

Oh you flirtatious sausage!  I'm not disputing the start - Cal's (self admitted) weak point is his starts.  Qualifying well and losing those positions before the first couple of corners is something he must improve on if he wants to get back on that Rostrum.  And I agree (probably with most others on here) that I am willing Cal to just start well. Dovi on the other hand is a cool character and has always had the jump (no pun) on Cal to regain position in the first lap...  Look at Aragon?  However, Cal likes a fight too and (re)showing his back wheel again less than two laps later was the last Dovis saw of it before it dissapered with the Factory Honda's.  Instead he joined a long list of riders who inherited a problem that should've been fixed in the Stoner days (bless ya #27). 

I would say the poor lad must feel a bit deflated knowing he consciously left one team and the other fired him... and now they're leaving him (literally) into the night.  Still, I respect Dovi and his healthy bank balance will be of compensation for his decision.  Big star in Italy on Itlaian machinery with millions in the bank and still fast for a couple of laps on a bike Rossi couldn't tame?  Fit bird on his arm. The lad is living the dream (go on son!)  Let's be fair, Cal would've taken the ride if he had the contract... Am sure we'll be seeing fleeting moments of brilliance from Dovi this year... I wish I could emphasise fleeting Benny... but I can't :-(

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

glm

Are you new to bike racing because you seem to know very little about it.
Please try to get some facts correct next time.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

CHR

yes mate...he just needs to be careful that he doesn't come across 'Stoner-esque' in doing so (that's a tall order for anyone 'aaaahhm pump mate') ;-)

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Scorparider

Ah mate, more comments welcome (on any views!).  It seems you're a perceptive and intellectual chap with your post below... it is highly accurate in every point.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

nostro probably about time you shut up realy every1 knew you was a idiot but now your just looking like some1 who actualy knows nothing about bike racing.rossi is the goat and if you go back and find the best an most exciting battles of the past 10 seasons or so barring 1 or 2 i guarantee they involve rossi and lfan of his or not any honest person would say moto gp would be ruined without him over these years

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Ah yes Shawno ...

... Aragon in Spain, 2012. If my fading memory serves me well, that was the race where Crutchlow displayed his vast array of passing techniques - I counted at least one, which he tried twice and which didn't work on either occasion resulting in yet another fine podium for Dovi. Cal's not much good at passing and is known in paddock circles as 'Caravan Crutchlow' - after Qatar, we all know why.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostril nugget

Rossis ultimat test was sunday night....after having 2 years taken from him in the twilight of his career, and kicking his confidence into dust, rossis biggest test of his life was to see if he was a world class rider if given a bike worthy of him...against the besy riders in the world...at the top of their game. That was rossis ultimate test and...well he shone like the bright yellow sun at noon on a summers day. Paddock seems a much happier place this year...wonder why?...oh wait i know...

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

I suspect the paddock is a lot happier because Casey has gone...and therefore is only going to win one race this year....PI...well we can all live in hope ;)

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Nostro

Guys. Why do you keep arguing over the past. The past is the past and it cannot be changed. The facts are is that Rossi IS a 9 times world champ.

You can argue that Rossi was unlucky to be beaten in 06 by Hayden and that the Ducati had a speed advantage in 07. Or that if Stoner had not broken his ankles in 2012 he would of won.

But there is no point. Each rider starts of with Zero points at the start of the year and at the end of the year the rider with the most points is the world champion. End of

The fact is that some on here liked the thought that Rossi was all finished. But from the race on Sunday you can safely say he is far from finished.

Likewise. Dovi result on Sunday is not a reflection on his ability. A top rider needs a top bike, fact. Last year Dovi was a regular top 3 rider on a satellite bike = good effort. Now that he is on the Ducati that does not have much rear grip and understeers in the fast corners he has dropped down to the tail end of the top 10 in the race

And another fact is that when you are a younger rider you are prepared to take more risks. And the older you get you think about things more and do not take the same risks.

The one thing in common that Stoner and Rossi had when riding the Ducati was loads of scuffed leathers each season. If the Ducati was a better handling bike then I am sure Stoner would have won more titles on it as he is fast as F**K on a bike. From 08 onwards the Japs closed the gap and Stoner had to push the bike more through the twisty bits = lots of front end crashes.

I am just glad that Rossi is back on a quick bike and that more riders like MM are competing for the win rather than just two riders like last season. Hopefully Cal and Bradl will show some good consistent race pace and make it 6 for the win. You never know, Ducati might get the bike sorted and we will see 8 riders competing for the win!

PS, Nosto have you got a new TV yet to replace the one you smashed @ 20:45 on the 7/4/2013.  RIP

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices