Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

This result has one real positive

It has put an end to all the bullshit and hate of the last two years. Surely to god intelligent bike lovers can know talk sense. Rossi couldnt ride a poor bike as well as you know who, so what, he's human. Brilliant rides yesterday by Rossi with some much at stake for him, Marquez is a mouthwatering prospect on the back of his first showing, Cal ,never mind the mistake, stuck it to the factory bikes the whole race and best nonfactory bike by a country mile. Lorenzo, it was a master class by King Jorge, title number 5 in the making IMO. Some brilliant battles in store though will similar win numbers to last season amongst the four factory bikes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

oh yes CCB

Exactly mate. As Wosideg has pointed out (where is he by the way? now is his moment to enjoy - probably still lying around 4 empty bottles of bollinger smoking a fat one), Stoner was a victim of his own talent by riding the absolute wheels off the GP9 but not developing it - or rather engineers did not listen to a guy winning races. Over time as the Hondas and yamahas listened to pin drops in the garage their bikes moved forward far quicker than the oppressive Bologna boys. So now they rest their hopes in the hands of another 2 italians and 2 Americans who are heroes in their own right but are really selling machinery in their native countries... heck who doesn't want to get paid millions of Euros (or Dollars Ben and Nicky) to do that? Andrea is a talent and Iaonne is the young gun potential... but against the Yams and the Hondas - unless it's piddling with rain, what real chance to they have as the other factory teams continue to develop a bike that is already 3 lengths in front? One thing is for certain, it won't be through lack of trying with these boys. So we'll keep rooting for em, but it's the outfit that needs a firm head shake and a glance at the watch. p.s. Lorenzo for a 3rd world title? I'd like to see that. Still maintain, Dani is just warming up. He takes a while into the season...

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

One more relevant point - all the guys that spouted negative comments about Rossi... where are they today?

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

how do ya feel now

All the mugs that claim Rossi is crap just goes to show what ya know !!!!! mugs the lot of ya INCLUDING ONE STEVE PARRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also known as MUG jack your job all the crap from fast bikes you know sweet FA mate sweet FA and you killed Crutchlow with thje scalp he'd take what a mug you are!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

shawno

Was referring to Lorenzo's two 250 world titles as well, The haters are sulking on the lesser populated Threads (nostro's slipped a barbed comment of the Marquez's) come on NOSTRO BE A MAN AND TAKE THE BET.. we all need a good laugh.....

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

CCB

Yeah mate (apols, wasn't splitting hairs), I hear ya...250 GP titles are not found in lucky dip bags either - the lad earned both of them. Gonna be a cracking season for riders and fans alike. Oh and Moany, Parrish and Cox are well, namesakes really (both in Charlie's case) aren't they? Zero new material (he's riding it like he stole it. On rails. Tightropes. Had a view from the helicopter when highsiding etc. Pair of clowns (in the morbid sense).

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Already looking to be a great season!

Great race. Rossi's on form, Marquez is fast from the off, Pedrosa is taking his time, and Crutchlow has the pace... but can he race? It's set to be a great season, hope Rossi wins it. You can't not like Rossi, he's just the best racer, no matter what anybody says, may not be the fastest, but he's a racer. The others are great as well, all of them, even the CRT riders.

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

I am concerned that journalists seem intent on inventing bad vibes between JLo and VR. Right now this only exists in their imagination and is squarely aimed at selling newspapers. There is no evidence that JLo and VR are not now on cordial terms. They are both wiser and more mature than they were in 2009 and 2010, and I see no reason why they can't fight fiercely on track in 2013 but still have mutual respect and civility off-track.
Journos are stepping beyond “reporting” and are resorting to “creating” situations, which they will no doubt exploit by bigging up otherwise minor occurrences, and then claiming that they forsaw the event.
If there are any facts to support your  "prophecy" please state them.

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Cal replaces Stoner

Cal - you're a brilliant rider but you're starting to whinge incessantly

" I was faster than the Hondas but they had more speed on  the straights so couldn't get past"  "On my pace, I could have got 2nd"

Doh - you're bike was better in the corners, Rossi had the same problem and got past both (MM twice). After he had closed down a big gap to you and them. If you were so much faster why, when you lost only 4 or 5 secs going off did you finish 18 secs from JL and about 13 behind the Hondas? And your bike isn't that much off the factory M1 - JL would still beat you if you swapped bikes.

Stop telling everyone how hard done by you are - a great 1 lap in Quali doesn't mean you're on the podium.  Ask Dovi (who incidently handed you your ass all last year - you couldn't get past him either)

Believe it or not I really like Cal but he needs to man up, stop complaining and get on with it.

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Great season opener

My wife knows absolutely nothing about MotoGP and cares even less but came in when I was watching it and sat down.  I told her which one was Rossi but DP and MM confused her so I said that DP has about 8 years experience on that bike and MM more like 8 weeks.

I laughed out loud when MM went past DP and she suddenly shouted " Go go go 8 weeks!!"

She also cheered when Rossi worked his way up to 2nd past MM then back to 3rd then finally to 2nd again.  Whilst she didn't care which of them won that battle she was enthralled at the battle.

Sort of sums up the race -even a non MotoGP fan couldn't help but be on the edge of their seat.

More of the same please

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices