Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Cal's lack of grunt ...

... is down to Cal rather than his bike. Crutchlow hasn't moved forward from last year it seems. Mightily fast in qualifying and not the slightest hint of power problems to qualify on the front row - like he did seven times last year. 

But just like last year, something is always amiss in the race - if he doesn't make a good start that is.

He complained about being down on speed when Dovi started to beat him last year, but that was nonsense too. The fact is that when Crutchlow does make a good start (like at Brno and Phillip Island last year), there's no power problem anymore (for some strange reason) and a podium position happens - Ping! Just like that. 

Sort the starts out now Crutchlow and reap the rewards of having a great bike - it's only going to get worse as the season wears on. 

Just like Crutchlow, Rossi also ran off track. But riding very similar equipment, Rossi showed that the rider really does make the difference and passed just about everything that moved. That's the big difference between a factory rider and a non-factory rider like Crutchlow I suppose. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

spot on

Rev you have it sussed.Why cant others see so clearly?

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

fantastic racing, was great to watch Mr Rossi back at the top.

but, the BBC website sucks so much and virgin tivo was a nightmare, the tivo box must have recorded 500 hours of motogp over the weekend, but missed Q2 and the Motogp Race. The BBC website only had 5 mins of Q2, fortunately i watched the race on the BBC live, otherwise i would have missed it altogether.  

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus

What a complete numpty you are, nuff said !

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Interesting comments Rev..

..shame they all come with the benefit of hindsight. Not long ago you were dismissing Rossi as all washed up..following the herd really doesn't suit you...or maybe it does?

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

We can only comment sensibly once the white heat of competition has died to a white powder - no, don't try sniffing it CHR. You're right - I lead and others feel free and comfortable enough to follow in my path of self-righteousness. Is there really anything so very wrong with that?

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Rev, were you watching a different race to me?

1) Dovitsioso appeared to blatantly cut up Crutchlow at the start. Notable in the way the bike was (almost) well under under control. The bloke is a dick. 2) Rossi's bike was obviously faster than Crutchlow's machine on the straight. 12mph I think they said. He drove away with ease out of the corners. 3) Nostro is right. Rossi is back with the best kit and getting all his own way again. After what him and good ol' Jerry said about Stoner at the time, he deserves all the abuse he gets about that now. All told, damned good racing though. I love Marquez's "death or glory" style. Just hope he doesn't try to kill anyone this year. I also hope it doesn't become remarkably tedious like last year.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Aliens

Apropro nothing, I have a theory about Aliens among the current MotoGP bretheren.

I think most of us agree that an Alien is a racer with a super-natural ability on a race bike, able to ride exceptionally fast and be able to do superhuman things on it which others simply cannot match. But there are robots around too...

Lorenzo - freakishly fast and clean. Able to scrap but, in my opinion, likes to disappear into the distance. Robotic tendencies, but has matured from Golden-helmeted loon to a humble and likeable person. Respect.

Pedrosa is devilishly fast but has always shied or smashed himself up in the face of a proper battle. Again only happy disappearing into the distance. More of a little metronomic automaton, not an Alien. Definite robotic tendencies. Will not ever win a MotoGP title with Dani on the other side of the garage and Lorenzo and Rossi on this form. Alberto Puig is probably undergoing therapy.

Rossi. With the exception of the useless Ducati, he has shown from the 500 Honda, the V5 Honda, the 1000 M1 old and new and the 800 M1 that he can and does do extraordinary things on a bike. Battles like he was born to it. The original alien of the modern era.

Marquez. Is doing with MotoGP what he did with Moto2. Has a horn for scrapping. The new alien landed on Sunday.

So there you have it: Robots vs Aliens. Coming to a MotoGP circuit near you in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
R1Hippers

Nov 03

R1Hippers says:

Hohoho hobo

I've been reading the anti Rossi comments over the last few weeks with interest and am overjoyed at the fact that you've been silenced. Howled at the "he's got the best bike" comments. Don't know about you but I just want to watch good racing again,not a boring procession like the last two years. Can't understand why some Herbert's on here didn't think the move was good for the sport! Go Rossi!

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

afraid of rossi

The Rossi knockers were In my opinion afraid of rossi.

Noone can race like him. But I hope that changes with MM getting experience.

As for Pedrobot? I think unless honda can produce a rocket ship Pedrosa will loose his seat. With moaner gone he retains his seat this year which I think is ok.

With moaner gone who do we point the finger at now?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices