Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Oh Reverend...

Rev, your over empahsising the Crutchlow point you're sounding almost as bad as that very small guy who berates Rossi just to provoke reactions. Just step back my man, take a long draw on a Marlboro Red and exhale.  Feels great doesn't it?... 

Now everyone's talking about 6 people.   What about Bautista, Bradl & Spies? All rode hard races... not all of them finished.  No-one's mentioning them.  You're probably the best on the forum for finding and presenting stats to favour your argument, why don't you see what you can find out about their Qatar comparables? 

Just remember Cal finished ahead of them all.  His mistakes didn't include chucking it down the road.  Learning?  Maybe... sure he's got a way to go but then so have us (heck one day Nostro's raisin size testicles may actually drop into his sack) but Cal is making progress... cut him some slack or focus on the others bud. 

p.s. Do me a favour will you pray for warm weather at the Jerez round? I don't want to get wet like Sachensring last year..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Cals got speed

no doubt about it. Its the consistency that troubles me. He always looks like he's right on the edge of control/losing control. He can only improve with time, and he's already knocking on the door of the 4 aliens.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Sorry Shawno ...

... I know, I do bang on about Crutchlow but he winds me up. He's a loud-mouthed git - who's a gnat's bollock away from making it to the very top. I just wish he'd focus on his fucking riding rather than making silly noises in the press or on TV. I fear he's lost the plot - and that really pisses-me-off because he's easily fast enough to be right up there. Yours sincerely. Mr Frustrated of Frome. xxx

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Frome!

Benny, you're English!  =)

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Apparently Yamaha have come out and said Cal has the same engine as the factory boys, if you check the lap by lap analysis, he's as fast as Rossi(in a straight line) all race long. The frames?? it's hard to tell the difference according to the factory guys.. if you put a little into it, the engine rules have changed slightly this year yam would be bonkers to build new engines and redesign old engines at the same time either way both would be new anyway just one would be old new.. point is it'll most likely be one or the other and not likely both... Besdies Did Rossi pass anyone on the straights?? Normally I would have sympathy but he's dismissed everyone but himself Jorge and Dani and it's come back to bite him hard on the arse.. that's fairplay..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

''I've often argued that the supposed superior speed of the Honda had more to do with the way the riders were getting out of corner and getting drive early,''    There is another factor about the corner exit speed of the Honda's - the seamless gearbox!  It should give them that split second advantage in shifting up on exit thereby giving the extra speed down the straight.  There are those who have said that the advantage is minimal but it is an advantage otherwise HRC would not stick with it.  No matter how minute an advatage it may be, every tiny bit counts towards lap times and in turn race times.   Yes - they were beaten by Lorenzo and Rossi (after one race)  which shows  that on this occasion the Yamaha was a better 'overall' package.  We'll see what happens when Yamaha get their seamless gearbox.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Not very much ...

... I fancy Saturn - going on how Ducati's seamless gearbox has given them zip.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Crutchlow’s problems/attitude makes him his own worse enemy. He is lucky to be on M1 Yamaha with Tech3 – it is a fantastic team and always a very well set up bike for racing. Yes he sure is super-fast and capable at quick laps, his talent is clear to see.
What lets him down is himself. Yes he can be pretty funny and quite amusing at times and good for some one liners. Unfortunately I fear the reason he isn’t a factory rider on any team is because of his big gob. He picks arguments and spouts off a bit too much without thinking – and this is to his detriment. There are plenty of fast guys who play the media game more safely and as the brand needs to attract sponsors and corporate pennies, they will steer clear of someone who twitters insults at others.

Having said that his comments this week moaning about going to race in Texas as a waste of time won’t help him at Yamaha. the factory went and came back with decent data for the bikes. His disadvantage will be the same as most others, never been round the track – that’s all. Whinging on about not getting a bonus if he’s got pole etc are all things that will stop him reaching the very top. One minute he’s FIGJAM the next he say’s he’s no chance of winning. Cal needs to sort his own head out before he will progress.

Reply to this Topic
welshelf

Apr 13

welshelf says:

to all those who said he was finished eat dirt the doctor is back finally no one can dispute that race well done to our boy cal also

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Hmmm

Yes - they were beaten by Lorenzo and Rossi (after one race)  which shows  that on this occasion the Yamaha was a better 'overall' package.

Not so sure I would entirely agree with that statement.Maybe it is more to do with Yamaha having better riders.Don't get me wrong Pedrosa is brilliant but was certainly not on top form and Marquez(brilliant) but still learning.

Bulto I see you are still going on about Cal's bike being so different to the factory bikes.
Remember I said that it was very close but you disputed it?

Couple of quotes from MCN.

Mr Poncharel says we do not have a factory bike but it very close and has the potential to win.

Mr Burgess says Cal has got a bike that is certainly good enough to get very good results  and IF there is any benefit in the slight differences between his and Lorenzo's bike it is not enough to make a huge difference on the track.

Now do you believe there is hardly any difference?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices