Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Cal is very very fast

As his winter testing and all the practice sessions show. His race craft (managing the whole bike over the race distance) still needs work on and he was proper on the limit for that race. No doubt he used up his tyres more than the lads in front, hampering him from half distance and maybe the ignition set up saw him using more fuel and again slowed him by a tenth or so per lap. Fuck knows, but he'll come right and hopefully gain a top three finish a few times this year.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Look daftlads..the Honda is just plain faster and more powerful, any numpty can see that.

Not so much of an advantage as Ducati had 2007, but it's still there..and in a race that can make the difference. It changes things and requires an astute rider to compensate. Cal will have to find another way. 

Rather than trying to defensively outbrake a rapidly closing Rossi who was obviously going past him one way or another, he'd have done better tucking in behind letting Rossi clear the way. An opportunity went begging for Cal to learn at the tailpipe of the smartest of them all..maybe he could have been on the podium?   

Anyway..I thought Dani Pedrosa was the undisputed master of standing a bike up on the fat part to get drive, a highly technical skill that many a WC has failed to master, WTF happened there then?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The majority would agree..

..that Cal lacks the sophisticated skills of the recognised "aliens", and I'm including Marquez in that bunch. He's got the undisputed speed, which is borne out by the stats, but as Rev has pointed out he struggles in the heat of battle. Let's not forget though, he's on a satellite bike and he can still manage to qualify 2nd and bring the bike home in 5th! He's beating guys on factory machinery, guys with real pedigree and in my eyes doing pretty bloody well. He's not the finished article and probably never will be, but he brings something a little different to the paddock and I for one am pleased about that..

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

oh FFS

You would think there was no overtaking last year the way you lot go on, for christ sake take an objective look at yourselves you are a fuckin disgrace to the sport and yourselves.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Indeed Wosi ...

... as a very humble man of the cloth, I wouldn't dream of telling Crutchlow what he should or shouldn't of done - but he could of done a lot worse than to follow Rossi who was on a roll. 

I loved the way that Rossi took a 'comfort break' on laps 9 & 10 (after completely shitting himself trying to outbrake Dovi at Turn 1), before launching his withering, final assault on the leaders - nice. 

I also found it pretty telling that the Repsol pit-boards were only giving the time back to Racey Rossi - rather than Caravan Crutchlow, who was towing close behind at the time. 

Seems that I'm not the only one who doesn't take the 'threat' of Crutchlow seriously?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fat tyres or phat Yamaha?

What happened to Pedro Wosi? Well he didn't get his set-up right - plain and simple. HRC horsepower advantage off the corners - pah. Right wrist advantage.

But nothing tracks a chosen line like a M1. As the world nr.6 said - that thing is better in every way since he left at the end of 2010. Job well done Mr. Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Or course it's better..

Breaking news- the 2013 Yamaha is better than the 2010 Yamaha Rossi last rode... Jesus man what are you simple.. Of course it's better.. If it wasn't it would be circulating with the Ducati..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Interesting isn't it

how the true race fans are celebrating a great days racing in all classes, and then you have one or two sad and bitter individuals who's only purpose is to stir up resentment and bad feelings at every opportunity.

Nice comments Rev and CH

nostro, you smell of shame........shame and defeat.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ha Ha

And it's going to get even better now!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

In all honesty ...

... Crutchlow's been nothing but a loud-mouth in MotoGP. 

Flashy pre-fight, but of little substance in the real battle - the race.

Young Dovi rather put him to the sword last year and highlighted 'Cal the Elder's' glaring weaknesses. But did he learn? No.

Was he too stupid - or too arrogant to learn? Or was he simply unable to learn and develop further? The juries still out on that one, but the fact is, he's made the same mistakes time and time again - and again now, at Qatar. 

He's 28-yrs old and times running-out. Will he ever learn - or is he just slow?

If he's just slow, then there's no disgrace. But if he stays like he is right now i.e. loud-mouthed and slow, then he can expect continued reprisals - that's all I'm saying on the matter.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices