Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi elated after dream Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati nightmare seemed like a distant memory in Qatar last night after the Italian made a dream return to Yamaha by finishing second after a terrific late tussle with rookie Marc Marquez. An early mistake and failure to quickly navigate a way by German Stefan Bradl in the opening exchanges of the 22-lap race seemed to have crushed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Buell

It's like this, seeing as you want to pick an argument with me on every possible occassion - Am I the only one who has dicussed M1 spec?

I have no idea whatsoever whether they are close or not. Neither do you. Both of us can listen to what is reported of both bikes. What we choose to believe makes no difference to the actual fact and that is that we don't know. During the race, Spalding reported that his bike is 2012 Tech3 with the Valencia spec engine of Lorenzo. It changes with every utterance from every expert, journo or forum expert.

Bottom line is, I don't care what spec he has, fact is that he doesn't have the same spec bike.

Even if as you maintain, it is a 'small difference', how do you measure that small difference on track? The seamless gearbox offers only a small difference (Burgess quoted 0.1s a lap) When it suits their argument you'll see people stating it gives the Honda a significant advantage over the Yamaha. So maybe the small difference between the factory and Tech3 bike gives the factory bike a significant advantage on track - or doesn't that suit your argument.

And you really think the Hondas looked better than the Yamaha around Qatar. Loose around the back part of the circuit doesn't begin to describe them - either of the Repsol bikes and both satellite bikes had a lack of front end feel / grip - The Yams looked like slot racers following the same groove lap after lap.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

One possible flaw in your seamless gearbox corner exit argument

You don't know whether they were changing up during that final corner exit or not. The first change after corner entry could have occured after the bike was already upright and straight

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Good Theory Bulto

But no more substance to it than my theory.  Even if they were up-shifting after exit and they were upright the seamless gearbox could be the thing that fires 'em down the straight as I said tiny things can make big differences.  May well be nothing in it but it's something to be considered.  Only the riders or tech guru's could say.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

not quite right

No it is not that I want to pick an argument with you.It is just that sometimes you are so adamant about things and in reality you are not always quite correct.
I did say it was very close to the factory bikes because that is what I was told (whether you believe it or not ) by a close friend who has a close friend that is in contact with all the teams and others too.
You kept disputing that fact and that is why I have brought it up again.And now what I have said has been backed up in this weeks MCN.
The other problem with your posts (and some are very good) is that most are to do with making Rossi look bad although you constantly deny that.

Maybe you do not care what spec of bike he is on but what you really do not want to admit Rossi is even now in a different league to Crutchlow.
Anyway you think what you want and carry on with your biased views and I will stop picking arguments with you.Problem solved.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

If you actually read all that I said instead of what you want to see, you'd have seen what I've actually said about Rossi in Sunday's race - positive remarks unless you're going to pick me up on saying he was lucky to still be in it after his lap 2 lunge. You would also remember that my opinion of his chances this year were summed up as 'I wouldn't bet against him winning a race'. Not once have I said he's past it.

Yes Rossi is a better racer than Cal, but, that aside, it's difficult to know just how much more difficult it was to get past those Hondas on the Tech3 bike than it was the factory bike - also, Rossi passed them 3 to 4 laps later and by then they had really cooked their tyres or should I say they looked as though they had, given the way the bikes were squirming around. Even Rossi had the Yam out of shape a few times which showed just how hard he was having to try to pass them. That's taking nothing away from him, just what could be seen from the shapes the Hondas were in. As for the bikes' specs, I've heard three different versions over the weekend alone and now another in MCN today from what you've said. Like I said before, it changes with every article. So your 3rd level contact could be just as right / wrong as any of the others couldn't he?

Not being a fan of Rossi and his shenanigans or the behaviour of some of his more fanatical fans is an entirely different matter from me 'trying to do him down' at every opportunity. The contention is some of the bile infested crud they come out with, not Rossi himself. Look at the remarks already - Lorenzo only won because Rossi had a bad quali session. Lorenzo can't race, he can only clear off at the front. Only Rossi can overtake. Every single other rider is disparaged and dismissed, just like they were before he sat on the Ducati. Then they all went quiet for two years. Now they're back.

And you think I'm biased.... Come on Buell, take off the tints and take an objective view.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Nostro

Where did the world Nr 3 finish!!!!

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

VR

Valentino Rossi has another title in him, he outclassed the others barring lorenzo

Marquez is gonna be there or there about

oh and the breaking news is stoner caught a 20 pound barracuda at the weekend

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

666. Funny you should mention the fish. I have the picture on my avatar of fish and his new mate!

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Its a Barramundi

As brilliantly as Rossi rode if he wants to have any chance of the title he has to sort his qualifying out.

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

VR

While I agree he may need to improve his Qualifying If he can rip through the pack like that he'll not do bad Although yeah JLo will be in the distance by then PS Australian barracuda - Arrow barracuda - sea pike - snook Lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle