Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Maggie T has pegged it

I use to deliver her Evening standard to No.10 every lunch time :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 13:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

It said she died peacefully...

unlike the country she left behind, which is suffering a slow and painful death.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

I reckon

there will be a few ex miners having a knees up tonight. Oh and a load of argies :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Met her once

in a muddy German field once was enough ta :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Time

to organize a street party me thinks....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Aehewitt

someone else feels the same way too.

Ross Noble an hour ago

Bloody typical Thatcher dies when I am in rural Australia. I hate to miss a good street party

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Thank you Maggie

She helped bring about the end of the Cold War, which bought my family back together. (East/West Divide - Fucking Berlin Wall - only saw my brother, aunts and Grandma when the authorities saw fit to approve our visas)

Thanks to her, I was also able to buy my own council house.  (Councils were meant to use the money to build more - that they didn't, was not her fault.)

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Ninjachica

Yes, sold off the council houses, so people got mortgages, then put em all out of work so many got repossessed.
She divided the country, and along with Reagan sowed the seeds for the problems we now see.

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Maggie God Love Her

The Uk was a basket case in the 70's. Remember hyperinflation, 3 day week, bread rationing, More Strikes than work days. Dead not buried, firemen on strike, miners strikes every winter.

Then Maggie came in with a lot of damn sensible ideas. like a country can't spend more than it earns - Where would we be now had Labour remembered that one!!!!!!!!

When all around her wanted to give up the Falklands she said No. ok you can argue it was imperialism but the folks of the Falklands are mightily thankful for her support and the sacrifice of the armed forces.

I do think she was in power for one term too long but the country she handed back was significantly better than the one she was left by weak willed labour and tory predecessors.

I also met her on a few ocassions, and spoke with her during a couple of conflicts - at the time it was only her office had 16Kb secure speech as did our satelite dets, whilst everyone else was on 2.5Kb Donald Duck (DSSS).

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

be sure

Be sure of one thing, politics will ALWAYS divide people.

Far as i am concerned it was an old lady that died, end of (and same with all politicians):winkie:

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

evil old bag

thank fuck for that. wish the ira had blown her up in brighton. thing is someone worse might have replaced her

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle