Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

its a pity for Ducati

but maybe they have themselves to blame.
Dovi knew before the race this would happen.
Maybe he should have a word with forum expert bultoboy as he seemed to think Dovi was making good progress compared to others?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

"Dovizoso was marginally faster than his race time on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 a year ago"

An interesting fact... he's actually been further off the pace on a Repsol Honda... like many stats it's wrong to read too much into one race but the news could have been better for the season opener.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

If Audi money can't solve this, their time in GP must be limited, no?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Suprise!!!!!

What Dovi's found a problem with the Ducati, in the handling, well it seemed the perfect bike, and with Gobshite twiddling the springs and changing the fairing, I thought it had been sorted. But, then again, that 'old has-been, passed it', rider from last year, did mention something along those lines. Ducati are a joke and Dovi is above his station and out of his depth. 

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

With all the money and resources they have I don't understand why Ducati won't listen to it's riders and concentrate on the problem.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

So what Rossi and others said then..

Nothing new here. Another great rider unable to change the plain fact the Ducati is off the pace of the others and this front end, steering issue is what most riders inc stoner have had. Are Ducati going to let this continue? With Audi on the case I think not. Dovi could have timed his move to the duke near perfect,with audi's input and financing things have great potential to change. Hope they do a throwing dovi and the other duke riders into the mix can only make things better for us fans

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

There is apicture on gp one of the ducati guys very intently staring at pedrosas bike...yamaha too, but ducati guys look like they are studying where hondas engine is placed so they can copy and fix their steering problems. The nice thing about being last is that almost anything is an improvement...rossi was not content to be a loser, and couldnt wait. The 4 ducati riders this year can afford to or are content to wait

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Quit

Ducati must be payed an awful lot of money by DORNA to race MOTOGP. why alse are they carrying on with the piece of junk they call a MOTOGP prototype bike. When WSB bikes can lap quicker (which is basically a road bike)  its time to quit. The best thing they can do is concentrate getting the Panagali sorted in WSB and get some credibility back. I feel really sorry for Dovi because where does he go after Ducati? my bet is WSB

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Ducati

in my opinion,at least,now have a direction to go in to sort out the Desmo and I am confident they will. All is not lost and given a little bit of time I'm positive the bike will be running at the front again. The motor seems to have the power, which is the most important factor. For the first race, which unfortunately I didn't see! it seems like a reasonable start for the Desmo! It can only get better! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
hondonadas

Aug 02

hondonadas says:

Control tyres problem

Did anybody realize that the Ducatis don't run very well since Bridgestone is not their exclusive tyre supplier? Tyres are the single chassis component that can greatly affect the laptime (+/- 1 second) depending on their construction and I would bet that currently Bridgestone is making tyres more suited to their Japanese colleagues from Honda & Yamaha than to a little italian manufacturer that uses Pirelli in their road bikes. 
Bring back Michelin to have some competition :-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices