Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You can't win a title at the first hurdle

But you sure can trip and fall badly, severely hurting your chances.

Thirteen points was a sound haul. Yeah Dani didn't have it at this disgracefully dusty wild east track. But we're going to see them all bob up and down the pecking order a bit from race to race. A racer never likes being beaten, but Pedrosa is made of much sterner stuff than to be psych'ed out by his rookie teammate at the first proper hit out.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

last year's

2nd was actually Dani's best ever result at Qatar, his best results otherwise being mostly fairly distant thirds; other results include a 6th, a 7th and an 11th.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Nostro

I must say one thing is that you have some "Coin"

So what you are saying as i read your post.  Is that not to count Dani out after the 1st race.  I think i seen on another post on here today that you said that Dani was all washed up!

Are you now back tracking and that he is not all washed up.  You are all confused are you not.

And i guess from what you are saying about a rider can have a bob up and down day.  So can Rossi, along with any other rider bob up and down.  And for the rest of us, we know  that Rossi is made of stern stuff, unlike other riders he is big enough to stick around and not be psych'ed out like another rider i could mention

Anyway thanks Nostro as this last post of yours titled "You can't win a title at the first hurdle"  is a get out of jail free card for when Rossi and the growing list of riders has a Bob down day!  As we can quote you on this

PS.  a question for you.  Did Dovi have a bob down day on Sunday as he finished in 7th.  Or did the bike have a bob down day.  Going on last seasons results. I would of expected Dovi to finish in the top 3

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Well ...

... that's all very interesting I'm sure - but add on this year's 'no-where finish, rookie team-mate beaten, 4th' (just ahead of a Tech3) and you begin to wonder why people put money on Pedrosa? 

So can he pull it off at COTA? Very doubtful - seeing as how Marquez ended-up 0.6 seconds faster at the recent Honda test. 

It's season over for Pedrosa - better-off trying to keep Rossi at bay and let MM go for the wins - and the title.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Dani has plenty to offer, He'll win his fair share this year question is what will Rossi and Marquez do?? In the last 8 or 9 races last year both Jorge and Dani were virtually guaranteed 1st or 2nd that is unlikely to be the case this year. Honestly Nostro I'm not as convinced as you that ducati will podium this year......Though no doubt your Dani will be competitive at plenty of tracks is a much safer and obvious bet. what's happened to you??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I could've sworn you put money on Pedro

last year Rev?

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Indeed Nostro ...

... but unlike Crutchlow, I am a quick learner. No more Pedrosa for me thank you very much - he's lost without a team-leader like Dovi to guide him through bike development/set-up issues. But Marquez is more like Stoner - he'll just ride around any problems.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I'll give you that Rev

Which is the reason I've had MM tagged as a potential title contender from the moment he was signed.

Perhaps Pedrosa was excessively conservative whilst trying to dance on the thin black line of the desert. A far more difficult proposition to keep the line on a RCV than a railing M1. Personally I cannot fault DP for the safe strategy at Losail.

This title remains a three horse race for me.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Nostro

What Losail clearly displayed to us

Is just how limited the world nr.6 is in his riding and this myth of adaptability attached to him. As Stoner himself said 'Just how good is that Yamaha?'

Dovi was twelve seconds better than Yamaha's new nr.2 was in 2012 on the big bad Duke. Twelve seconds faster on his first ever race on the thing, not to mention qualifying it higher than the world nr.6 did in two whole years. Dovi is obviously more of a man than his over vaunted countryman, able to squeeze more out of the Duke, despite never being of Alien status.

Corse are on the right track. There's a plan and it will be fulfilled. They're rebuilding from a chaotic (rider led) period of two years. Corse progess will be fascinating to follow this year

What a load of BS, you can't compare times like that because that was last year and the race was on Sunday. Just how many seconds did Dovi finish behind the race winner on Sunday (it could have been even more if Rossi was there to push the cruising Lorenzo)?????? That is a more accurate comparison. Not to mention the fact that he was a big red chicane in the starting laps before he faded into the distance with the UNDERSTEER issue that has plagued the bike since BEFORE Rossi swung his leg over it and Ducati still didn't act on his feedback (if they did, the bike would have been sorted by now).

I must admit I do like Rossi but I would really like to see the duke doing well because it makes for more exciting racing.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

wait

Did I not hear the track surface was a lot better this year than last?
Probably something to do with it Nostro is it not?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle