Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Doubtful

even if Ducati fix all the problems, which is extremely unlikely, their next big problem is, the're not employing a rider capable of winning a GP, why don't they slap them into CRT's and let them shine. 

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Yep I've said exactly the same thing about the tyres for a while now - open the doors to other manufactuers. particularly CRT teams, they could benefit greatly.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

tyres for the jap bikes

Did I not read a fair number of comments last year about how they had brought out the new spec tyre purely to help rossi make the ducati handle, to the detriment of a japanese brand an d an antiopdean of some renown? Now suddenly the tyres are designed for the jap bikes, a correlation with some commenters views on a certain rider no longer employed to ride th bolonga basket? Still never mind, dovi did an awesome job in qualifying, pittyeknw whatwould happen come race day. I sincerely hope they start listening to their riders now!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Errrm Cornbowl,......Dovi & Hayden & Spies have all won GP's .....so are therefore capable of winning GP's.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

According to some haters on here, it's the rider not the bike

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A massive mountain to climb for the guys over at Ducati sums it up very well the problems they are having are very scary.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

racingfan99

None of these riders are up to winning gp races now, imo. Dovi and Nicky are past ther sell by date, their chance to win is gone by now spies no chance,  Iannone unlikley

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Told you so

What was Rossi saying throughout 2011 & 2012 about under steer ,now dovi is saying the same thing,think Rossi proved his point in quatar on Sunday

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Cornbowl you are right there is 0% chance of Ducati winning a race for the first time since 2010. Unless Ducati come up with a strategy but it will not be long when Yamaha and Honda move the goalposts like they have been doing.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

OH REALLY

Didn't Stoner,Melandri,Hayden,Rossi and everyone else say the same DOH I'm no engineer but even i can see there's an issue i hope Audi do something for the sake of Duacati Corse credibility

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices