Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Gentlemen ...

... the facts are in the figures. I urge you to make use of data to back up your sometimes strange points of view. The truth is thus:

After getting past Bradl, Rossi went on a mission - as verfied by Dovi who described Rossi as a 'racing animal' in his charge after Crutchlow. Rossi's times fell into the 1:55s compared to Crutchlow's mid 1:56s.

Lap 16 was Rossi's fastest lap but as the pair crossed the line to start lap 17, Rossi was still behind by 0.023s. Rossi passed Crutchlow on the brakes - it's very clear from the overhead view. 

As CHR said, Crutchlow had decided to take to the kerbs for some reason - but he certainly wasn't pushed or forced to run the kerbs (another mistake). Uneven trackside kerbs and heavy braking loads of around 1.8 g, do not make for efficient retardation - as Cal found out, and it wasn't even difficult for Rossi to pass. 

Oh and Bulto, check out the lap times of MM & DP over the final laps of the race, and then we can park your 'Honda worn rubber' theory at the same time. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

nobstro

Please stop talking about yourself in the 3rd person .. i:e from your own post " Nostro has said he expects the world nr.6 to pick up podiums this year. I don't expect him to win though. Nor did he on Sunday. Soundly beaten by his nr.1 team mate"

That makes you out to be a bigger peckerhead than you already are and secondly i think you'll see the so called world nr6 is in fact at present the world nr 2 !!

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

what is goin on?

Jeez what you guys arguing about.Even myself as a Pedrosa fan can see Rossi outclasses Crutchlow in every way.
Bulto boy you accuse VFR of denigrating all the other riders and being biased.I think you will find the only other rider he mentions is Crutchlow and I think you will also find you are a tad biased your self.
CHR  dont take the piss,this is serious stuff.
As usual it seems the Rev has got it right.
Dani will be back.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Panny - a word of advice..

Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow..

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

CHR

Did I upset you? Apologies if I did.Don't get me wrong Crutchlow is a class rider and I hope he does well but he needs to learn from his mistakes.
At the moment he has a bike capable of winning.
He just needs something else.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Cal vs rossi

This I want to see more often as Qatar and its long straight didn't help cal, Rossi chums don see this they just see the pass and finishing place,shorter circuits cal will show many who's boss mark my words. They are are great riders regardless of what any of us banter on here.roll on Austin.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bulto...WAKE UP

when i daid rossi"mistake" was that he is too awesome....the reason is thus....rossi was only trying to pass dovi at that time...which he did quite easily... Then he was going to get a two for one as he closed on pedrosa too...pedrosa made a little mistake and slowed down even more for a split second...you can see pedrosas back wheel step oit on the onboard...the awesomness comes from rossi avoiding a race ending crash and taking pedro with him...i watch all the races on motogp.com commercial-free and even the announcers agreed several times that rossis"mistake" was not his mistake but danis mistake which rossi skillfully avoided. Rossi brake lever touched danis back tire FFS! You know those brake lever protectors that came into effect when sete went bowling in 06? They earned their keep on sunday....rossi said himself that without it he would crash...as for crutchlow....th helicam provides the perfect viewpoint to determine late braking heroics...cal was even with ross; rossi made the turn...cal went straight......thats called"outbraking" numbnuts! I tried to be civil, but your hatred of rossi is like nostrils....everything good about rossi is considered "fan blindness"...everything bad is considered "true"...you are a wanker...cal was only close to hondas because dani was slow and marquez was being cautios...cal was riding at the limit....rossi closed down 4 seconds idiot! You are the one incredibly biased and ver loose with your facts...i use facts and opinion...you just use anger and opinion

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

and fuckwit bulto

Yes i did see a different camera angle than you...4 to be exact...subscribers to moto gp enjoy 4 simultaneous live camera viewpoints during the whole weekend...so you were watching one view point on your old black and white in the trailer, i was enjoy 4 different camera angles at the same time all in high def on a nice big screen...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Panny..

Nah you didn't upset me - just thought I'd throw a few macho moves around that's all! xx

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Cal v Rossi

After watching Rossi over take Cal again, Cal actually goes too deep into the final turn which gives rossi the advantage. He looks like he is braking before he hits the kerb,gets on the kerb , goes to turn in and it looks like he was all wrong to turn in, he was off the kerb and turning but just not enough. A mistake that started in the final turn.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices