Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Well I think Dovi and Co will sort the the Duke out,just in time at the end of the season when things get very exciting contract wise,and it'll give Cal another option when Hayden leaves.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Latest from Dovi...

The pope is catholic. I wish Ducati would eithe sh!t or get off the pot. Their riders deserve better as do the fans. What exactly is keeping them in MotoGP?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

If Rossi and JB couldn't sort out the Duke who will I beg to differ Dovi and Co get the bike sorted lets hope so but I don't think they will.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

VW, AUDI or LAMBORGHINI

The actual owners of Ducati are Lamborghini on paper. It was Lamborghini money that bought Ducati not Audi, which is all rolled up in the Volkswagen group and I have said before Lamborghini have only bought Ducati to fall inline with European emission laws. Ducati have to self fund all racing and competitive formats that they currently run. Do you see any factory backed Lamborghini race teams in any racing series? No. They (VW group) see Ducati as its own masters and are not interested in the racing arm of the Bologna factory as it doesn't sell cars. Lamborghini are interested in desmo technology for there engines to bring emissions down so they can carry on using the V12 engine in there cars. Ducati dont even use there own chassis, they use Suter chassis. VW will be forthcoming with funds but not for racing , it will be for fuel efficant engine designs and so on and so forth. I fear Ducati racing will not progress enough until they ditch the current bike and go forward with an all new design.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nobstrodamus is back

I have missed him ... until i read his post below and realised that yes, he talks complete and utter tosh.

Nobstro, go away you annoying wee chav, your posts are actually tedious now, you aren't alone as Nonceof repsol is similar.

At least Bobbuttamansy is amusing when he posts.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

ratchetman

WSB bikes are extremely far removed from road bikes, originally in the 80's they were close but now they are almost prototypes in reality with road silhouette bodywork ( headlight stickers !!! ).

This is why it looks like the rules are being changed in WSB in the next year or two to get them back to being a little more stock, reducing the costs and making a clearer distinction for the average race watcher between WSB and MOTOGP 

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Nostro

LMAO - You still looking on Wiki to clutch at straws.  The facts are back in the year 2013 Rossi finished 2nd and Dovi 7th.  Get over it, Rossi has not lost, never had either.  I know you have enjoyed posting on here over the last two years.  But now it's all over. 

For us the real MotoGP fans we can look forward to some good close racing this year, now that it looks like there will be 6 riders up there at each race

Each time you post you make yourself look even more of a complete retard!  Your points just do NOT stack up.  But i am sure if you look on Wiki long enough you might find one!

2013 is where it's at.  NUFF SAID

PS - Have a look on the MM post you are getting some stick on there too and for some reason i cant find you on the Rossi thread

Emmmmm Emmmm humble pie o-clock

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

I was disappointed by Dani ...

... who never really got to grips with Qatar. A 'small problem' turned out to be so small that they couldn't find it - not even after all that pre-season testing. 

Pedrosa left Austin early and decided not to ride the final day at Jerez. Bad decisions by Dani - in this, his first year of leading the Repsol Honda Team, and eighth year of 'nearly-man'.

In contrast, Marquez has worked hard and all that hard work paid-off at Qatar. 

Dani's fourth place and general performance was simply not good enough - his rookie rider action of slowing on the racing line almost caused Marquez to hit him. People call Marc dangerous?

Pedrosa had better get his act together quickly, or lose again.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

so was I Rev

but he will get his act together.Thing is it seems he now has not only Lorenzo to worry about.
GO Dani GO

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

shoot the duck

Looks like they would better off bringing up one of their WSBK mounts and tricking it out, instead of farting around with this dumpster bucket! This bike is a career killer!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices