Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Yeah true...

... I feel this is his last year with HRC unless he can pull it out of the bag. Time will tell!

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

oily1984/Nostro

agreed! Nostro is a cock of monumental proportions.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

BIGBASH

Tend to agree, Peds really had his chances, this has to be 'it'

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

pedrosa is nothing but a miniature flop.the boys got talent but 8 years on the factory honda with most of that time having the bike built around him and no title he has failed there is no excuse for him either they now have what repsol want and that is a young fast spaniard in marquez now they can give some1 who deserves a chance on the repsol

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

pedrosa is nothing but a miniature flop.the boys got talent but 8 years on the factory honda with most of that time having the bike built around him and no title he has failed there is no excuse for him either they now have what repsol want and that is a young fast spaniard in marquez now they can give some1 who deserves a chance on the repsol

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Pedrosa's "rookie mistake"

Pedrosa sat up mid corner in qualifying causing his really really fast teammate to balls up his quick lap, nearly crash and start behind him on the podium.  Given there's a big screen just before that corner that the riders can see and MM's bike has a "not for road us pipe" you'd have thought Pedro would have seen and heard him coming.  He's only had 8 years on that bike so give the lad a chance to learn about qualifying /not making your teammate crash (oh I forgot he did take his teammate out once before - Hayden.)

MM after the race said he pushed really hard at the start, got up behind Pedro and then decided to cool it for a few laps before going past him.  How worried should the tiny man be now? 

Dovi, IMO, did what he had to.  Fast as f**K in quali, pushed really hard a the start of the race until the tyres shredded and after the race said "until we fix the understeer and on/off throttle we're going nowhere".

Deja vu, I remember a couple of other guys saying the same thing.  Can't remember their names an Aussi about 4 years ago and another Italian 2 years ago. Some of you experts will know who I'm trying to think of.  They crashed a few times before they decided to leave when nobody listened

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

MM

Marq if Jorge or Rossi quits try the M1 mate!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Is the writing on the wall for Dani?

Many people suspect that Pedrosa's bridesmaid costume will come out of the closet again this year, while others point towards last year's 'exam cheat scandal' as evidence of Pedrosa's general unwillingness to work hard for just rewards.

Marquez has put in the hard yards during pre-season and enhanced his reputation with a brilliant debut - but Pedrosa left Qatar with a non-podium finish and growing question marks about his future chances.

Read more in this week's MCN exclusive press conference interview with 'maybe it's Maybelline' Matt - on sale sometime after the event.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

pedrosa

Was disappointing to be sure. He never seemed to gel with the track though, and like dovi his one off qualifying lap didnt really reflect his true potential. I think dani knew he didnt have that extra little bit at quatar and is looking more at the big picture....salvage some decent points when you are not competitive and push hard for the win when you are...But above all...DONT GET HURT AT THE START OF THE SEASON. Dani has had enough experience being hurt, at the worst times, so i think he is just being a little cautious...Dani will push real hard from race 3 on....

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I think a few are being a bit harsh on Dani, I wouldn't say he's a failure, granted he's not or ever gonna win the big title but neither did Biaggi and he was one of the best (just a total twat) he's won lots of races earnt lots of money and ridden one of the best bikes in the world. He's just always had somebody that bit faster than him in every season. If somebody told all of us you can have Dani's career instead of our own with his results to match we would all say a big bloody YES PLEASE. That's my opinion anyway

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices