Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Nostro ...

... if Pedrosa's strategy was to be safe, then he managed it. If however his strategy was to be competitive and safe, then he failed. Hayden was safe and look where that got him. No, I'm afraid that we all know that the game is up for Pedrosa - and after eight years, he's probably relieved that it's all finally coming to an end.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Who do you think could be grabbing Dani's seat in 2014 then?

Bradl, Cal, Pol, Scott Readiing?

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

The Yamahas definitely had an advantage here, as has been pointed out, the top speeds between the Yam and Honda are not that different. From what I've read apparently the difference is that the Honda can put more if it down initially to 'drive' out the corners. With only one straight and lots of fast sweeping bends there probably wasn't much opportunity to put it to use. At COTA we will see if the Honda still holds the advantage in hairpins and straights or if Yamaha have found something. As for Qatar it was hard to tell how much MM was overriding that Honda because his style is naturally quite agressive. Not sure if I subscribe to theory that Yamaha did better simply because the track was dusty, I think Jorge was in a class of his own, he looked like he had more available if he needed it. With regards for Pedrosa I'm expecting the usual end of season form, followed by an injury / DNF at the crucial moment, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sorry to tear your knickers

Pantyhosa, but control Lorenzo was a mighty four seconds quicker than himself 2012, and control Pedrosa eight seconds slower than himself.  This does not smack of a much better surface than 2012 I think you'll agree.

You'll never pass your GCSE whilst taking the Wosi Mutt class in statistics.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

oh ok

The riders must have it wrong then. silly me.
Of course you know better.

BBB  people have been coming out with this for the past few years but he has not lost his ride yet.
Please do not write the guy off after one race especially because of the nature of the circuit.
I suspect as most do the reality will become clear from around race 3 onwards.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Not writing him off mate....

I'm all behind Big Red, but they've spent a lot of money and time on Dani and although I do think he's quite a rider, I don't think he's an out and out racer and therefore I feel it's time for him to move aside for some thrusting fella to fight along side MM. He will certainly need to up his game to how he finished off last season, at the front, wringing the neck out of the RCV and take the fight to the others. Race wins rarely come to a person, they need to the grabbed.

Reply to this Topic
gamma498

Nov 05

gamma498 says:

Nostro, why can't you just be the bigger man and admit you were wrong about Rossi being a washed up has been and that there was nothing wrong with the Duke? The young kids haven't moved the game on and left him behind, it was clearly that the bike had issues for the last two years and the years before that. Stoner has been the only one to ever overcome it and Dovi has quickly come to appreciate what they were contending with for the past 2 seasons and has stated that something will have to change before better results come.

It's only 1 race in and a lot will happen over the course of the season, to write any of them off at this stage is just daft, it's still a 4 horse race and if they all take points off each other, as there will definitely be 'Honda circuits' and 'Yam Circuits', it could be one hell of a season. At the end of the day, a competitive Rossi and an exciting Marquez joining the party just makes things so much more interesting. Anyone missing that toothy, angry looking fella so far? Nope, me neither!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Silly you indeed Knickers

I haven't read one rider post race quote suggesting track conditions were better 2013 than 2012. Then again I'm yet to read a Laverty post race summation.

You seem to be like the Reverend - a little giddy on cheap yellow drugs. It's understandable, just be aware the comedown's not far away.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

The comedowns not far away?

Are you for real? You do not learn do you.. Slowly but surely you are again starting to make predictions and trying to cast doubts about certain riders.. A little giddy on Cheap yellow drugs! If you weren't so pathetic I would feel sorry for you. Admit you were wrong about Rossi and accept that CS has gone, leaving behind a better more exciting motogp.. 6th best rider in the world?? Haha only a moron would call the most successful and dominant rider in motogp 6th best.. I suggest you sit down and shut up.. Twat

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Apparently the riders missed casey this weekend..

Yeh missed him using his arse to rake the gravel traps!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices