Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

I'm wide awake, you however seem to be in some yellow halucinatory dreamworld

.rossi was only trying to pass dovi at that time...which he did quite easily... Then he was going to get a two for one as he closed on pedrosa too...pedrosa made a little mistake and slowed down even more for a split second...you can see pedrosas back wheel step oit on the onboard...the awesomness comes from rossi avoiding a race ending crash and taking pedro with him

Yet again you "know" what a rider's intention was do you.

As for your overhead view, the aspect of the overhead camera spreads the bikes out so they look further apart than they are. The normal aspect cameras at trackside show how close the bikes actually are.

Rossi had already run wide trying to take Dovi at the end of the lap and Dovi went straight back past him. A MISTAKE by Rossi. Then he did it again at the end of the pit sttraight. If you seriously think he was going to make turn 1 and get under Pedrosa as well you've a different concept of physics from me. Blame Pedrosa all you like but Rossi was never going to get underneath him as well. His mistake. I didn't actually criticise him for it, I just remarked at the irony of it all, that if it had been one of the others the criticisms and accusations of dangerous riding would have come thick and fast. To me it was a racing incident, but one that left him fortunate to stay on the bike.

As for Crutchlow, Rossi was alongside him at the line and past him by the time they were going along the  white line that they can't cross on pit exit.. Crutchlow was on the outside and on completely the wrong line to try and outbrake anyone. Rossi got better drive off the final corner and didn't even need to draft him.

Now, I've said nothing against Rossi himself and have said he rode a good race, fought damned hard for his second place and deserved it. No problem whatsoever. What I commented on was the fawning shite that has lain dormant for two or three years suddenly erupting again with the usual comments of how if he hadn't done this that or the other he'd have beaten Lorenzo. Other riders are given no credit at all by some quarters, they're all dismissed as not in the same class. Even Agostini with his superior record is overlooked when they start screaming their "goat" claims. It's that attitude I can't stand and there are far more Rossi fans with that attitude than there are of the other riders put together.

You want to fawn all over him, that's up to you, but you're begining to slip into the more unsavoury element of his fans.

You could do worse than send a PM to the reverend Benny, repent and seek forgiveness. It may involve pledging nightly masturbation to Dovi but it will be worth it to rid yourself of the evil yellow spirit that has ingressed your soul

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I'm glad we don't get Geof Boycott commentating on motgp, he just goes on and on. What's did that impersonator you to say?? ye, 'don't pay too much attention to what your thinking'.. phew..

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Bulto ...

... never doubt the word of the Lord - or me ever again. 

Twitter: matoxley Qatar snippet: 'Cal has 2013 engine but his M1 wasn't as fast as JL & VR, cos Yam had to reduce power to ensure he had enough fuel to finish.'

Yours tears of shame are not enough.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Rev

That's about the 5th version I've heard of what's on Cal's bike now.

Any more versions and it will have more parts versions than Yamaha have actually turned out.

Besides I've always said what a solid reliable source of information Spalders is (ahem) so I'm going with his version as declared on live transmission during the race - and because it's the worst spec and makes Cal look better

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

its hard to

Even have a conversation about this when you are so out of touch...the dovi" repass occured at corner 3 the previous lap so its not relevant...the commentators on motogp...gavin emmit and nick harris said that rossi was only trying to pass dovi...which he did easily very easily...pedrosa suddenly slowing on the racing line meant the opportunity was there...again gavin emmit nick harris quote...but the sudden alteration of pedrosas trajectory meant that rossi had to sit up and run wide...a fact that said commentators mentioned no less than 3 times during the race...once again your facts are wayyyyyy offf....the 4 camera angles i had compared to your one...with commercials ...meant that i had a clear view of rossi taking cal on the brakes...helicam, onboard,regular tv, and "rossiview" trump your pathetic commercial interupted after the fact replay...I nevet said he would have beaten lorenzo...yet another selective hearing/interpretation by a rossi hater...i said that that he could have challenged lorenzo...he had moved up to p2 by lap2...until he ran wide avoiding pedrosas mistake...jorge had no competion after that...dani was slowing marquez down....marquez was playing it safe...cruthlow was on absolut limit trying to stay with tootling hondas...rossi had very similar lap times to lorenzo..battling is different than all alone riding...i hope we can at least agree on that...and helicam DOES ...just PROVIDE the PERFECTperspective for late braking heroics...your arguments have been bitch slapped as have you...just because im a rossi fan that doesnt mean im a mindless follower..you seem to be though...yawn its boring explaining the obvious to people who are not smart enough to see the whole picture...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

VFR...

"The spaniards age and hunger may cause their pride to make poor decisions for them, and steal point off each other, while rossi calmly picks up the pieces and the points. Im not wishing anyone to get hurt, but if the three spaniards arrive at a corner together battling for the lead; who is going to back off?"

It's often been suggested that the way you describe is Rossi's main chance of winning races (& only chance at the championship)... we shall see, but after the way he rode at Qatar I still see him actually battling for wins just like the rest of them.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Bulto ...

... a very fair point well made, but why turn the power down on a state-of-the-art-2013-motor? It now appears that Crutchlow was cruising around in economy mode in the slip-stream of Pedrosa - just to get to the finish. On the other hand, the hard charging Rossi ripped the guts out of his M1, passed almost everything that moved, ran low on fuel, but grabbed a podium. Who dares wins perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

yamaha has the power

to do what it needs to, the riders can only finish,they all barring bradders noth finshing rode fair and fast imo, cal maybe did have a weaker mapping than rossi or jorge? who knows but result stands and did not dissapoint from my veiw,its only first race not round 17. enjoy rattys.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Hey Benny

you put me down for saying the same thing. It was the same last year, new bike so why would Yamaha build two different engines and frames when they could simply give an inferior electronics package to Tech3 that doesn't have the same super sophisticated fuel saving corner to corner mapping that the factory bikes have. Rossi got a poor start so needed to up the anti and only just made it, so does that say that Lorenzo has a better electronics package than Rossi also ?

So why would Yamaha do that for their satellite squad, well in practise and qualifying the Tech3 Yams with the power turned right up are the equal of the factory bikes and provide good data for the factory riders and also give insight to how good the Tech3 riders are for future promotion to the factory team.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Sorry Steve ...

... didn't mean to be rude. Yes, Tech3 have the the same motor and same electronics as the factory. They were given their 'new' bike at Sepang, but seem to have spent their time with it rather less productively than the factory riders and Lorenzo in particular. Fast qualifying lap times appear to have been Tech3's goal, rather than fast race times. To not be able to use the full-power of the engine in a race is criminal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices